I have a date

Alex39

7 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I was referring to Alex. She said her family has a history of diabetes.

Yes I thought you were referring to my post about moderation. Not a doc but pre diabetic is not diabetic so in my understanding it doesn’t always mean giving up sugar entirely.  Depends on other factors. This is why it’s so good she has a nutritionist. 

14 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I’m not a fan of cold Turkey deprivation of any kind  because to me Facebook  with the many diet plans women hawk as part of an MLM.  

Actually, for emotional eating and sugar addiction, cold turkey is recommended to stop the cycle and retrain the palate and behaviors. Also there are many commercial diet plans that are effective and legitimate, not FB housewife MLM scams. Particularly for appropriate portion and nutrition control in people who eat compulsively so a "dab" of peanut butter (horrible food choice) means several tbsps to them that aren't counted.

48 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Actually, for emotional eating and sugar addiction, cold turkey is recommended to stop the cycle and retrain the palate and behaviors. Also there are many commercial diet plans that are effective and legitimate, not FB housewife MLM scams. Particularly for appropriate portion and nutrition control in people who eat compulsively so a "dab" of peanut butter (horrible food choice) means several tbsps to them that aren't counted.

I think she should follow her nutritionist's advice first and foremost -there are always individual factors that go into an approach including her personal medical history or any history let's say for example of eating disorders etc.

• Like 1