Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Chapter 3

dias

On 4/26/2023 at 12:37 PM, Jibralta said:

All you have to do is tell her the truth!

Well I chickened out, I tried to weasel out of it, I took her for a ride, we sat on the beach and I told her we have different goals (which is true but I didn't mention anything about attraction) and there is no future. She teared up a bit. She got it or at least I thought so.

However, then she suggested we visit a hotel one last time. I agreed when I shouldn't. There was no penetration but everything else. I drover her home and I thought that was it. But the next day she kept messaging me all day long, I didn't reply but she wouldn't get it. I wrote her a harsh message that aside from the other factors I don't feel physical attraction to her because although she has pretty face and I like her personality I tend to like thinner girls. OK I admit this is where I f*cked up big time, I didn't think of it much when I wrote it. 

Her reply was a paragraph long that I didn't have the balls to tell her in person (which is true) and it's offensive to do something with a girl and then tell her you don't find her attractive (which I guess is also true from a woman's perspective). She was correct though, I didn't treat her right. 

That was the first time in my life I did something with a girl I don't like, can't say it went well or was worth it in the first place. And I acted like a p*ssy which might be the worst.

I don't know if the pollen triggered an allergy or I am getting a cold 🤧  hope not the second. I need to slow down. I walked so many hours the last few days my body is complaining. The weather is pretty good though, like Greece almost, really sunny 🌞. The downside there is no decent coffee in Atlanta, I tried 7 different cafeterias already, just bad coffee everywhere lol.

I did most of the things tourist do, there is nothing left. If bro is busy on the weekend I might visit another town until I go to New Orleans.

On a completely different subject, now that I stay with my brother and his wife and can see how well they get along, it’s nice that at least one of us is in a healthy happy relationship. I admit I was against this marriage but it turns out so far I was completely wrong. Well, he has better judgement than me by far. She is a good pragmatic person. Intelligent, educated, hard worker,  no drama queen for no reason. Nobody can tell the future of course but yeah it was a good decision albeit quite fast. Good thing he didn't listen to me.

Plus it's nice he didn't imitate my parents toxic behaviour. Meanwhile it seems my parents are heading to a nasty divorce. It's a matter of time unfortunately. 

• Like 1

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta-police-investigating-active-shooter-incident-midtown/HFIIPRLDQNCVRLLVGRZCPXO6LE/

This is not helping tourism....I was walking past the Northside hospital when it happened. I didn't hear the shooting but I saw the first police vehicles arriving at the scene. I had no idea what was happening. I continued walking. A few minutes later and a couple of hundred meters down the road, I sat on a bench. A policeman told me to go inside a store because there was an incident. I didn't ask what happened, I went inside a supermarket. However, how long can you stay inside a supermarket? I went outside again heading back home.

I don't have 4G here but when I walked past a shop my phone connected to the wifi and I saw my brother had called me a few times. He messaged me "Call as soon as you see the message". He had never sent a message so urgent before. I was on the same street the shooting happened walking back when I called him back. He told me there is a crazy guy with gun shooting people and then he asked me where I was. I told him West Peachtree Street. He said this is exactly where he is, run the other way. I went the other way. Then I took another way back to our house since I don't think it's wise to be outside when a crazy shooter is on a killing spree. I can still hear the sirens outside. They haven't caught him yet. 

And this is the good safe area of Atlanta. One thing in my life I don't want is to be shot by a crazy stranger I don't know just because I happened to be near him. Which could actually be true because I spent the whole day hopping from cafeteria to cafeteria since 7 am this morning in this street....

3 hours ago, dias said:

He told me there is a crazy guy with gun shooting people and then he asked me where I was. I told him West Peachtree Street. He said this is exactly where he is, run the other way. I went the other way. Then I took another way back to our house since I don't think it's wise to be outside when a crazy shooter is on a killing spree. I can still hear the sirens outside. They haven't caught him yet. 

And this is the good safe area of Atlanta. One thing in my life I don't want is to be shot by a crazy stranger I don't know just because I happened to be near him. Which could actually be true because I spent the whole day hopping from cafeteria to cafeteria since 7 am this morning in this street....

WOW!! Glad you didn't run into him!

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

WOW!! Glad you didn't run into him!

Thing is, he is still on the loose. You don't know where he could appear. It's strange he managed to evade the police. There was a huge police force there, I even saw helicopters circling the area. Somehow though he managed to escape. Probably those first minutes before the police arrived were enough for him to steal a car and get away. It takes time to inform the public there is a shooter out there. They did it pretty fast I would say, I happened not to have internet unfortunately....But the police arrived fairly quickly. Hope they catch him.....Damn, you can drink coffee at Starbucks with a serial killer sitting in the next table........

15 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I'm pretty sure there's no decent coffee anywhere in the US. Sorry.

Yeah this is what I was told. So strange, maybe in the US they import different selection of coffee beans than in Europe?? 

It's funny because l have visited the US 3 times (this is the third), the second one was 5 and something years ago before I moved to the UK and the first time was exactly 10 years ago. I thought only Europe was hit by the high inflation but I can see big differences in prices in the US too. Everything has gone up a lot. 

Anyway, yesterday I went to the Aquarium. It was nice. 

Aquarium 1.jpg

Aquarium 2.jpg

Aquarium 3.jpg

Aquarium 5.jpg

• Like 1
22 hours ago, dias said:

Thing is, he is still on the loose. You don't know where he could appear. It's strange he managed to evade the police. There was a huge police force there, I even saw helicopters circling the area. Somehow though he managed to escape. Probably those first minutes before the police arrived were enough for him to steal a car and get away. It takes time to inform the public there is a shooter out there. They did it pretty fast I would say, I happened not to have internet unfortunately....But the police arrived fairly quickly. Hope they catch him.....Damn, you can drink coffee at Starbucks with a serial killer sitting in the next table........

You can sit and drink coffee with a serial killer sitting next to you any ol' day of the WEEK!

That is the crazy thing about life!

Ever wondered that, or is it just me?! Wonder if any of these are plain crazy, intense, straight up, psychotic lunatics? What are they internally planning? What are their thoughts?

You will have passed by one, might even know one!

(Cue dramatic music!!!)

Too many late nights for me!

x

On 5/3/2023 at 8:38 PM, dias said:

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta-police-investigating-active-shooter-incident-midtown/HFIIPRLDQNCVRLLVGRZCPXO6LE/

This is not helping tourism....I was walking past the Northside hospital when it happened. I didn't hear the shooting but I saw the first police vehicles arriving at the scene. I had no idea what was happening. I continued walking. A few minutes later and a couple of hundred meters down the road, I sat on a bench. A policeman told me to go inside a store because there was an incident. I didn't ask what happened, I went inside a supermarket. However, how long can you stay inside a supermarket? I went outside again heading back home.

I don't have 4G here but when I walked past a shop my phone connected to the wifi and I saw my brother had called me a few times. He messaged me "Call as soon as you see the message". He had never sent a message so urgent before. I was on the same street the shooting happened walking back when I called him back. He told me there is a crazy guy with gun shooting people and then he asked me where I was. I told him West Peachtree Street. He said this is exactly where he is, run the other way. I went the other way. Then I took another way back to our house since I don't think it's wise to be outside when a crazy shooter is on a killing spree. I can still hear the sirens outside. They haven't caught him yet. 

Between earth quakes and this Dias some might think you have yourself 9 lives!

x

• Haha 1

Stone Mountain -  Confederate leaders - Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson

Since I usually go with the underdog I would be with the Southerns in the Civil war lol If I were American of course hahahaha

Stone Mountain.jpg

It's a strange city. It's like it was built from hustlers for hustlers. Interesting for a visit depending on your personality but I don't think it's nice living here. Of course I only see the city centre so I can not have a holistic point of view. 

This trip has annihilated my savings but it's worth it. I definitely recommend the jazz cruise on the Mississippi River with the steamboat if you visit New Orleans. So far the best experience I have had here.

• Like 1

The swamp tour on the airboat was one of the most, if not the most, fascinating and unique experiences I have ever had during all my trips.

We had an amazing guide. It was only me and a mother with her son from Ohio which made the experience even better. I hate the tipping culture in the US but I gave him 20 dollars because he was truly good and entertaining guide. 

It was like being part of the True detective series. Such an amazing experience. It is a shame I am not allowed to upload videos.

20230511_133452.jpg

Screenshot_20230511-172111_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230511-172050_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
On 5/9/2023 at 6:22 PM, dias said:

It's a strange city. It's like it was built from hustlers for hustlers. Interesting for a visit depending on your personality but I don't think it's nice living here. Of course I only see the city centre so I can not have a holistic point of view. 

I've never been. It's known to be an interesting city, though.

I have roots in Louisiana. My great grandfather's family on my birth mother's side) came to Texas from there in the early 1800s. Natchitoches and West Feliciana Parish, though. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Jibralta said:

You got to see an alligator! That's a cute little one. Did he catch it and bring it into the boat?

Looks like it was a lot of fun!

The tipping culture sucks, but it is what it is. I'm glad you tipped a nice amount.

The guide brought the small one from the "farm". They rescue small alligators and take care of them until they are able to survive in the wild. Only 2% of the baby gators survive. 

He did lure the wild big ones on the boat. He touched them multiple times too although he mentioned he had been beaten before. When he brought the wild ones on the boat I was like ok there is nowhere to run if the gator become aggressive for some reason 😄 🤣 And it was so easy for it to climb on the boat. They do jump quite high indeed. Sure the swamp is not for swimming  hahaha.

I don't think I could live in New Orleans. However, living this country lifestyle in the swamps fishing and hunting would suit me fine I believe. I would have so much fun. And the people in the country side here are so warm, chilled and friendly. 

• Like 1