Advice please

sam1256

I started to see a guy, first time we met, I hinted that I was single, he didn't mention what he was looking for. He said that he would like to see me again

We planned to meet again for a movie, then lockdown happened, during this time, he kept replying to my Instagram stories, the most active person. Three months later, we met last Saturday. We went for a movie as planned, I was hopping that we would get intimate during the movie, like getting close to me or something, but that did not happen... We hung out the whole day from breakfast from dinner, we did have a great time, and he kept saying that as well, and he said he can't wait to see me the next time. I just didn't feel that very close level of affection, but he seems to really want to hang out with me/

After we met, we text even more, he basically message me everyday now, sharing what he is doing and stuff. But I am just not sure what is his intention. He is a really nice guy and super shy, definitely an introvert, he did not want to make any choices in terms of ordering food when we went out, he always asked me to choose. 

I kind of want to ask him if he wanted to date, but I am afraid of how is he going to respond. I really want a boyfriend, not just a regular friend. So far, in our messaging, even though he is super active, but he has not shown affection. Should I keep seeing him and hoping that if will turn into something? Also, I am from Australia, and he is from NZ, and he came here for work and want to see if he wants to stay longer after one year. Maybe this is what stopping him to want to date?

Yeah, these are things you need to ask him, so you know and put your worries to rest.

So, first ask him if those were dates.. or does he just want a friendship.

And as for him only working there for one year, not sure when he is due to go back? So, ask him that as well. If he's heading back in next cpl of months, then that's possibly why he won't get too close.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, oliver7794 said:

After we met, we text even more, he basically message me everyday now, sharing what he is doing and stuff.

I would say it sounds platonic except for this. That is a lot of sharing for friends who have only met a couple of times. Ask him out and say that you'd like to take him out on a date and see what he says. You'll have your answer fairly quickly and be done with it. You'll either happily date each other or be free to find someone else.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Paulsymm said:

I think you answered your own question saying he's super shy. Why not give it a few more dates?

Thank you for writing, I think you are right. I don't want to end up being too pushy. Meet him a few more times and see where it goes.

You've met him twice -the social media stuff is irrelevant to whether he's interested in a romantic relationship with you.  Also you hinted you were single so you weren't so forthcoming right away either.  Sounds like you're getting attached because of the social media stuff but remind yourself you've only met twice or maybe three times?  Yes give it a few more dates.

• Like 1