i dont know what to do

so ive known this boy since 6th grade and im a freshman in high school now and recently we decided to go to each others homecoming festivities and stuff as friends because we went to different high schools. the problem is that i had a crush on him ever since 6th grade and decided it would be a good idea to confess to him that day. so i did, and it turned out he liked me back, but we arent allowed to date yet. so now i feel like my parents are giving me a hard time with it. i mean they arent yelling at me or anything, its just they keep telling me to focus on school first before relationships with anyone. its just that his school's homecoming is next month and i feel really bad for pushing him into all of this. to be honest, i dont even want to see him anymore because it would be really awkward. i woke up today and felt really sad, which is really bad since i a really happy and bubbly person all the time. i just dont want to get depressed or anything, but i also don't know what to do. please help!!!!!

8 hours ago, euphoria924 said:

decided it would be a good idea to confess to him that day., i dont even want to see him anymore because it would be really awkward. 

So are you going with him to the dance or are your parents not allowing it?

"Confessing" crushes has become a horrible new thing to do and now you know why. It's awkward after that.

It's better to just let things unfold more naturally without that kind of pressure.

That's ok. Go. Enjoy yourself, keep up your grades and eventually your parents will relax a bit about dating.