First Date because of Surgery

I don't understand much of your response as it doesn't apply to what I wrote - maybe you were responding to someone else.  I've never used Tinder. Didn't comment on it either.  Never suggested you kick any guy to the curb.  If he said what he said it personally would have been a dealbreaker for me and I'd have not wanted to date him (and no I didn't see that ever as rejecting anyone or kicking them to the curb -and yes I know it's a phrase and no it doesn't apply to how I treated people when I dated).

I used several online dating sites for about 5 years and prior to that written personal ads for years.  Met over 100 men in person through dating sites.  Had a generally good experience mostly because of how I screened.  Many of my friends have been actively dating over the last 20 years and have used Tinder and other dating apps. I stopped dating 16 years ago.  

I'm  glad you found what I wrote funny however you understood it.  Glad you're feeling good about how things are going.  And obviously you do you as far as your standards and also goals in dating. 

Enjoy!  

4 hours ago, Batya33 said:

My point is when someone you barely know makes a comment like my person did or yours - they're doing you a favor.  They're telling you who they are.  Listen.

Yes. For me, it's a huge turn off when someone disparages an entire group of people--or even an individual. And such an ignorant and hateful thing to say about a region that gives him his living, even if it is only in part: 

18 hours ago, sadchick83 said:

“no way, not into getting syphilis from incestuous NY people/women.”

So much anger and spite... He could have just said, "I wasn't into it," or, "I was too busy." But he firebombed the whole place lol!

I think this guy holds a lot of grudges.

Interesting that he's assigned everyone from NYC an STD. He could have said they were too abrupt, too cold, too rude. But he chose something sex-related. Unprotected-sex-related. I daresay the gentleman doth protest too much. Be on guard--this guy may try to entice you with his unprotected willy. 

I don't even know what to make of the 'incestuous' comment, except to conclude that it's probably just the next meanest thing he could think of after giving everyone syphilis. Everyone knows that NYC is one of the most diverse places on the planet. Maybe he's inbred and projecting.

Everyone also knows that everyone in NYC doesn't have syphilis. It's just not possible. So obviously, something upset this guy in NYC and his response is to spread ugly rumors about the entire place. NOT a good character trait. Very childish. 

Wow, man. Glaring red flags right there in that one tiny comment. Who would allow something so stupid and mean to come out of their mouth? An oblivious, self-centered person, that's who. Total deal breaker. At least for me. 

18 hours ago, sadchick83 said:

“no way, not into getting syphilis from incestuous NY people/women.”

I am confused, incestous is Alabama, New Yorkers are suppose to be just rude. 🤣

Anyway, yes, if he hasnt contacted in 5 months, he probably had other plans in meantime. And judging by his language about other people you did dodged a huge bullet there.