Exes best friend still follows me...

okay so I know it sounds childish and what not, but Im looking for some insight and perspective on this.

I broke up with my ex for the third time about 9 months ago. I never met any of her friends, NEVER, but two of her friends followed me on IG. ok no big deal. But after the third and final break up one friend was quick to unfollow but the other (the best friend) still lurks and occasionally watches my stories. after the break up my ex said to me "well, I need to tell (my best friend) to unfollow you". Understandable, I did not argue and said that was okay, but her friend still follows me...9 months later and the other friend who unfollowed me is this same person's sister in law. weird right? This person is a married physician with a picture perfect family. My ex is kind of toxic and childish.

Now, I thought maybe she just finds me interesting and likes to see what I post, but I really don't post anything or frequently. this person also only follows 230 people total and I'm one. weird. its understandable if she followed 1000s of people and just forgot she followed me. but like I said before, she'll sometimes watch my stories.

the test: so I reached out to her through DM and said: "hey I know we've never met before but I was just wondering how my ex was doing? and that I understand if she didn't reply".  Well the follower read the message, never replied, and still follows me. I thought for sure that this would make her uncomfortable enough to unfollow or just maybe answer my question. 

I really don't care that she follows me, I have nothing to hide and I can drop her at anytime, but what do you all think is going on here? I wouldn't follow my exes friends whom I never met if she told them how "horrible" a person I was. 

thanks, I know it's stupid and childish, but its on my mind a lot.

17 minutes ago, melchevelle said:

I broke up with my ex for the third time about 9 months ago. . My ex is kind of toxic and childish.

On/off relationship are often "toxic and childish".

This is why, when you end things, you delete and block them and ALL their people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.  

Just do that rather than entertain games and nonsense.

Is this the same GF?:

Why bother worrying about it?  They can do what they want...

Why don't YOU stop looking further into any of this.. She is your ex (for the 3rd time..?).

If you don't like it, block her.

I really don't care if my ex and I have friends in common.  They do their own thing.

Leave it all alone now & just move on with your life.

11 hours ago, melchevelle said:

naw this is a different one

Ok. That's an easy solution to what seems like a recurring theme and issue for you.

Reset all your social media privacy settings so that only people you know can view your content or message you.

Clean out the dead weight. Delete useless followers,friends,etc.

Delete and block all exes and all their people when you dump them.

2 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok. That's an easy solution to what seems like a recurring theme and issue for you.

Reset all your social media privacy settings so that only people you know can view your content or message you.

Clean out the dead weight. Delete useless followers,friends,etc.

Delete and block all exes and all their people when you dump them.

Yes, all of this. 

You are engaging with toxic people, OP. Stop trying to reconnect with them. 

Archived