Please, no judgement on this situation.

LouiseLou

Stop judging him. This is just as hard for him as it is for her. Grief brings people together but it also can tear people apart. She told him she's done. I'm sure that made such a painful emotional impact on him, he just couldn't bare to deal with this anymore. atbh they haven't been dating a year. I would have trouble with him if they were together for some time, engaged or married. Everyone is going on how uncaring and callous he is....he's just being human. He just simply couldn't handle it. This is just as hard on him as it's hard on her. For his sake I hope he gets counseling too. Like I said before, abortion or loss of a child destroys relationships/marriages because of the termendous emotional toll. So cut this guy some slack. These things don't usually end well, and this is no different.

I agree.

It amazes me how people dump someone and then fault them for respecting their wishes. If you dump someone, and they don't chase you begging, isn't that a good thing? NEVER break up with someone to provoke them to beg or fight for you.

you didn't want the baby because of your career. Had you considered that he might want the baby - have the baby, sign of your rights to the baby and continue your career? The problem with "my body/my choice" is even if you ultimately still decided to terminate the baby, men feel that they CANNOT share their feelings. Sharing their feelings is off limits. They are not allowed to grieve, or voice anything other than "whatever you decide".

He is doing what he needs for himself = by not begging to get you back.

Why did you send him that communication about wanting to cut ties? Meaning what did you mean by it and what made you do it, not what "state" you were in? Even if you were hormonal, etc, many people would not send a breakup email to someone they want support from. Why were you so angry at him? Were you upset at how he handled this news or that he did not want the pregnancy?

I agree.

There is clearly a big chunk of the story being, in my humble opinion, purposefully left out.

You defensiveness gives it away.

You clearly are looking for us to give you validation that he will come back to you.

There’s no guarantee of that. It’s not even likely, it could happen, for your sake, I hope for the best, but we don’t know what happened to cause you to break up with him and as another poster said you don’t play relationship chicken unless you’re prepared to lose him.

You can’t take back what happened, what he’s doing now is a reaction to that.

You say you accepted the mistake you made but it certainly doesn’t seem like you comprehend the gravity of what you did.

Archived