Is it normal to think about meeting sumone special everyday?

I`m just wondering is it normal to think about meeting someone special everyday,i must think about it 90 percent of my day and as each day goes by it becomes more disheartening.And can woman sense what you are feeling and stay away because they think you are desperate even tho i`m not but these thoughts still consume me and become envious of others i know who have someone and wonder what i`m doing wrong and each day all these feelings just magnify! Am i normal?

hi aussirocker,

I also want to find someone i love, someone special. I dont want to have just a girl friend. I want somone who i love so much and she loves me too. We would be special to each other till we marry and happy life.

All i want is happy life with a woman i love and iam still waiting...............

i know exactly what you're talking about. yes you're completely normal. it's never anything wrong with wondering where your "true love" is.

i go through that everyday as well, but it's not like i can't think of anything else as well. It's not an obsession so to speak. just be yourself and stop worrying about what the opposite sex is thinking of you. when you think like that you're actually generating negative energy and thus people will get negative vibes!! Think positively and be yourself and enjoy life! You're still young and you'll find love. just pray and enjoy each day. good luck

I`m just wondering is it normal to think about meeting someone special everyday,i must think about it 90 percent of my day and as each day goes by it becomes more disheartening

I have a statement and a question....how about..instead of you wondering about it 90% of your day....why don't you go out and do something about it?

I`m just wondering is it normal to think about meeting someone special everyday,i must think about it 90 percent of my day and as each day goes by it becomes more disheartening.And can woman sense what you are feeling and stay away because they think you are desperate even tho i`m not but these thoughts still consume me and become envious of others i know who have someone and wonder what i`m doing wrong and each day all these feelings just magnify! Am i normal?

You and I are exactly alike. I've been thinking about it every waking moment for the last... oh, forever! Why? Because I've never had a girlfriend and I've had crushes on tons of girls throughout my life and I wonder how it feels. I hope it's normal but if it isn't, I might as well settle for being a dreamy weirdo.

Thanks for that advice especially Monique, i`ll take it on board.I have had 5 girlfriends so far but none for more than 10 months and ive been single and dateless for 2 and a half years now.But just today i organised to maybe catch up with a girl from work on Sat nite she mite come to watch my band play so you never know!

It's fine to think about everyone day, we all do. The only thing wrong is when it becomes the only thing you think about to the detriment of the rest of your life. You can think about it at times, when your trying to sleep and wishing you had someone to cuddle with for instance. But what you should do is be focused on your own life and be proud of who you are and the life that you have. When you are perfectly content being by yourself and not worrying about finding someone, thats when someone usually comes into your life. And you'll be all the more surprised and pleased by it. But if you focus so much on finding someone, it usually leads to heartache over not having someone.

I think about it alot, there are days when I cry. I get so fusterated cuz every guy I ever went with either cheated or hurt me, and it gets to the point where I cry and say to myself isnt there a guy I could ever depend on in my life, but I do believe one day everyone will find that right person

What if being in love, is the only thing that makes you who you are?

What if being in love, is the only time that the best is brought out of you, when you are at your highest expression of yourself, when you are inspired beyond measure...

That's me... Only when I've been in love, have I been able to express myself truly, feel deeply, and really 'live'...

I am racked and consumed with depression when I'm not in love...

The hope that 'someday' 'someone' 'might' come along - though I have probably more chance of winning the lottery ten times in a row - is just not enough to cling on to any longer...

I know it sounds cliched, but I've been so worn down, both spiritually, and physically (due to my self-harming), that I don't have much time left, before I'll be gone, either through my own means, or my heart or body just failing...

People say about self-love and loving yourself first. I don't hate myself. I try my best to be who I truly am - but I can only seem to do that when I am in love with someone...

Love is the most important thing in the world to me, the only thing that really matters... Some say about expressing love in other ways, through charity, through creativity...

But in the end, what's the point in having a lifetime, when it will be full of nothing but darkness for virtually all of it? Is the darkness self-created some might ask? Do I chose to be alone?

No, it is thrust upon me... Loneliness is the absense of love. I cannot force someone to love me. I cannot force someone to be with me. It is their choice, in their own time. But if that time never comes, why bother suffering for half your life?

Some also might say, that your life's worth will be measured on how well you managed to stay afloat, when your soul was corroding away in a pit of languid aloneness.. How you managed to stay alive, when every part of yourself wanted to die, hoping that someday you might share a brief nanosecond of true love...

Is it worth all the pain, the suffering, the anguish, the self-harm, the destruction, the anger, the fear?

Well, I'm still here... :scramble:

It's fine to think about everyone day, we all do. The only thing wrong is when it becomes the only thing you think about to the detriment of the rest of your life. You can think about it at times, when your trying to sleep and wishing you had someone to cuddle with for instance. But what you should do is be focused on your own life and be proud of who you are and the life that you have. When you are perfectly content being by yourself and not worrying about finding someone, thats when someone usually comes into your life. And you'll be all the more surprised and pleased by it. But if you focus so much on finding someone, it usually leads to heartache over not having someone.

Society tells us we aren't complete unless we are in a relationship. And then we are admonished for not being independent enough.

I have spent every day for the past at least 20 years wishing I was in a relationship. Sometimes I have been, others not.

I recently told my sister that I will always feel like a part of me is missing unless I get married and have a family. It's a goal I have yet to accomplish and it definitely feels like a missing piece.

Shy that isn't healthy. You are in love with the idea of being in love. Instead you should slow down, be patient (it'll come) and take things as they come. That way when you do fall in love you wont be clingy and let her have all the control and you will be more apt to fall in love with somebody suited to you.

Were you referring to me? Because if you actually read what I said then you'll see that's what I'm doing. I've made it pretty clear on most of my posts that love is something that happens when it happens and that you can't do anything to make it happen or increase your odds. I'm just saying its natural to want that love and that its perfectly fine to get sad once and awhile.

volution,

I've noticed your posts for awhile now and I have to say you are one amazing and insightful person. You will find someone special that is right for you and when you do it will be everything you've ever dreamed of and more.

I've felt like you have, like no one will ever love you. You feel empty, dead inside. But thats always when something great happens and brings you back up. There is always a light in the darkness, a ray of hope that will free you from the depression you feel. It's always darkest before the dawn. And all the pain you have felt, that just means more joy when it finally does happen, and it will happen.

Love might be the most important thing in the world, but it doesn't just come from having a relationship. You have to love yourself first and be happy with who you are and with being alone. You are loved by your friends, your family. Yes, it's not the same as a romantic. But until you find that romantic love, embrace the love that is there.