How do I help my friend?

Glata

It hasn't been proven yet what caused the deaths. Being careful with food and drinks might not have any affect on congestive failure (listed as cause of death; method not clear.)

I would not go.

I also would not pay to go to a different location.

A follow up reception at home sounds like a great solution.

It hasn't been proven yet what caused the deaths. Being careful with food and drinks might not have any affect on congestive failure (listed as cause of death; method not clear.)

I would not go.

I also would not pay to go to a different location.

A follow up reception at home sounds like a great solution.

Yes great point. Others have referred to potential pesticides or other chemicals being used etc. And sure some could have been coincidental/natural causes.

A destination wedding is impractical. Whenever an event is expensive and an inconvenient hassle such as traveling afar, most people will decline quickly. It comes as no surprise. Then couple that with an overseas wedding? Forget it. This is unless you're a TV show paying for the bridal party plus every guest's airfare, hotel, dine out meals, entertainment and transportation such as rental car. Even then people are still very busy with their jobs, family commitments, obligations and households. Not everyone can afford to get away.

My sister and her husband had a destination wedding. However, they and two stranger witnesses were the only ones at the shoreline ceremony. She has lovely photos framed in her home. Upon arriving home, she and her husband hosted a backyard BBQ and they still received the same toaster they would've received had they hosted a lavish wedding.

I wouldn't offer money to your friend. It's her problem. You can offer kind words of moral support and be a good listener but your friend's wedding is ultimately HER responsibility, NOT yours.

Archived