I think I have binge eating disorder

Be honest. They need to know everything and trust me, they've heard it before. No point in keeping information from your doctor. They won't scold you, they won't judge you, they are there for you and they know how to help.

Do you think it will help if you wrote it all down? It did help me, it's also good to have notes so you won't forget anything.

You can't start like you started here "I think I have an eating disorder" and they will start asking questions.

I know it's scary, but remember, you are doing the right thing and are taking care of yourself. Changes are always scary. embrace the feeling as it's an indicator that you're doing something right. Fear works that way many times.

I know it's scary, but remember, you are doing the right thing and are taking care of yourself. Changes are always scary. embrace the feeling as it's an indicator that you're doing something right. Fear works that way many times.

Thank you so much for your response. I started by telling her I was nervous to talk to her etc then explained everything. I’ll be honest. There was lots of tears but it was important I got it out. I have now been referred to an eating disorder clinic and I’m getting the help I need.

I'm so happy for you! New beginning! We can do this!

You’re right we can! You and me both! I can get over this! I hope one day I can look in the mirror and see someone beautiful and not have to point out all my imperfections. Today my doctor told me i am a healthy weight and I need to stick to this weight. The thought terrifies me but hopefully with therapy I can do it!

I'm sorry that you are struggling so much right now. Many of us understand where you are at. It sounds like you have a lot going on emotionally. It's normal for most people to want to ease the pain. Many of us do turn to food to do that, whether we binge eat or restrict. Neither are healthy and you are seeing the effects of that both physically and mentally. It's not a healthy place to be. I would definitely seek out some counseling to help you deal with this or look for support groups in your area that can offer support and understanding Hang in there! Wishing you the best!

Archived