My friend is friends with my ex

tom21

I broke up with my ex in May last year. Since then I've been in strict NC, I blocked her on everything. She tried a lot of ways to get a response from me but I never reply to her. I don't plan to get in contact or meet her ever again. She's in the past.

I have this group of friends who I met at university and I introduced my ex to them when we were in relationship. She moved to a city 6 hours drive away for work before we broke up. She's currently still there, and a few of my friends also moved to the same city as her for jobs after Summer.

Recently I've also been applying for jobs in that city (it's a big city and where the jobs are), I have an interview this week so I planned a trip there and I will be staying at one of my friends' place. My friend told me she'll be busy most nights after work when I'm there, I joked saying she has so many dates, then she told me "I actually have a dinner arranged with my ex, I've hung out with her a bit since I've moved down here, I hope that's not an issue with you"

After reading that I feel really weird inside my head, I just don't know how to feel about it. I'm not mad or angry that they're hanging out. But she's my friend who I knew for years before my I met my ex. Shouldn't her at least let me know when they were arranging to meet the first time? I wouldn't stop my friend meeting up with my ex, she's an adult, she can decide what to do in her life.

On one hand I feel like this is fine, they met when I was still in a relationship with my ex, and they are just hanging out as friends after we broke up. But on the other hand, I feel that my friend has disrespected me for hanging out with my ex "behind my back", and never told me until now. I spoke to my friend after my ex and I broke up because I trust her, I wouldn't speak to her about it if I knew my friend and my ex would be in contact.

So yeah I'm just feeling weird. Am i being immature?

Short answer, yes. It might be awkward and weird, but no one is dissing you. Things like this happen. Be above the hurt feelings and be good to people, even if sometimes they don't deserve it.

Archived