How do i tell a girl that likes me that i dont feel the same

Ive known this girl for a few weeks. We always see eachother out and get along really well, you could call it chemistry and comfortability. The amount of energy that this girl gives off is amaizng. She is very deep, alternative and very smart and careing person. She always smiles and it kinda makes me feel good as i smile back at her.

However, i don't find her so attractive. The thing is, it is her personality that makes her more attractive and to get along so well with a girl you just met (always laughing, never uncomfortable etc) always makes you think.

We were togethr the other week when we were out separately (as is with friends, not out together). Ive seen her once since then and i know she really likes me, but for some reason the physical attraction isn't there so much for me. Mind you, going out with her alone was great, we got along really well and she is such an amazing person, its just im not so so attracted to her.

We were very intimate when we saw eachother, and im scared that im going to hurt her if i slow things down or i say something.

The thing is i dont know what to say to her. I know she wants to go out again cos she asked. Its always flattering when you know someonw likes you but for some reason my attraction for her isn't there, which sux cos we get along so well ( her energy is just so facinating)

Please someone tell me how to tell her i dont feel the same.

Or

Should i tell her to slow things down, but doesn't that mean i dont like her and she may take.

I know people are going to say that looks isn't everything...but i would n't be thinking about it if it didn't worry me

I had a GF for 4 years, we broke up about 10 months ago.

Thanx

I think that saying looks aren't the most important thing may simplify it too much, but doesn't mean that it's not true. You're obviously intrigued bu this girl's personality, and I get the impression that you're maybe scared to 'settle' for someone who's not as physically attractive as you'd ideally like. Follow your heart with this one. Maybe give it some more time, but don't give her any reason to think that it may get serious.

To go out with someone you HAVE to be at least attracted to the person.. otherwise you're not going to want to kiss them, be intimate etc ya know? A great personality is first and foremost but if she's not attractive i'd just put her as a friend... attraction's necessary in relatinships...

hi dude ! I think im in the same postion as you so what I did is the week-end after I knew she had a crush on me. I called her and invited her to my place to watch the tv. So she came and we talked, I told her she was an unbelievable person, that I do cared about her and that I dont want to lose her as friend but we can't go further that. She seemed a bit hurt but she smiled back cause I had the guts to be honest and not avoiding her.

Jeff l. Spiegel