Attracted to guy I've only seen in passing. Wondering if he feels the same?

milly007

The very day we had arranged to meet, a close family member died. So initially I was relieved that someone still found me interesting / attractive enough to want to give me their number following the breakdown of my marriage; but on the other hand, the importance of such confirmation was put into perspective by the reality of life’s deeper experiences / lessons.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The very day we had arranged to meet, a close family member died. So initially I was relieved that someone still found me interesting / attractive enough to want to give me their number following the breakdown of my marriage; but on the other hand, the importance of such confirmation was put into perspective by the reality of life’s deeper experiences / lessons.

Did you two try and reschedule, Ravenshead?

Hi Milly,

We didn’t make a specific reschedule date. When we last spoke we kind of left it open, which to be fair I’m glad about as I was only Four or Five months out of a LT marriage at the time.

I’ve pretty much been following the advice of the long-term members of this site from the sidelines since my split. I’ve dated a few times (2 or 3), firstly to meet new people, but also to learn about the modern approaches to dating. But I’m also conscious that thinking about a new LTR before my divorce is through wouldn’t be fair on any potential new partners, and I want to stay single / casual for at least a year. I’ve made this clear when I’ve dated and they’ve all been really cool about it and I’m still in touch with two of them (All platonic I must add). There are some really nice single people out there.

But when you get approached out of the blue, it does make you think about things such as fate, and sliding doors etc.

Hi Milly,

We didn’t make a specific reschedule date. When we last spoke we kind of left it open, which to be fair I’m glad about as I was only Four or Five months out of a LT marriage at the time.

I’ve pretty much been following the advice of the long-term members of this site from the sidelines since my split. I’ve dated a few times (2 or 3), firstly to meet new people, but also to learn about the modern approaches to dating. But I’m also conscious that thinking about a new LTR before my divorce is through wouldn’t be fair on any potential new partners, and I want to stay single / casual for at least a year. I’ve made this clear when I’ve dated and they’ve all been really cool about it and I’m still in touch with two of them (All platonic I must add). There are some really nice single people out there.

But when you get approached out of the blue, it does make you think about things such as fate, and sliding doors etc.

I think it's great that you were upfront with the ladies you met about not being ready for a long-term relationship until your divorce is through, RH.

No doubt they appreciated the honesty.

In terms of what happened with you and this lady at the library, little does she know how she uplifted your mood/spirit. When someone approaches us or compliments us, it can really make our day, or heck...even our week, month, year or lives. :)

It's just one of those stories you can always reflect back on and smile.

I commend this lady for approaching you. It couldn't have been easy! But I like her spunk. Sounds like someone I could be pals with, honestly. Lol.

I admire people who take a chance and live in the moment. I find that they tend to be a lot fun and full of life.

So when are you going back to the coffee shop to make your big move?

My heart began to immediately beat faster when I read your post, JaggerJim. Lol.

I'm not sure when I'll head back in that direction or when my schedule will allow for it, but maybe next week.

I don't even know if he would be back at the coffee shop around the same time when I used to see him there, but you never know.

I'll be sure to post if I run into him and hopefully, I don't spill anything or trip. Haha.

Good! The sooner the better. When you get to the coffee shop take a big gulp of confidence and just go in there and do it. Do something.

Besides, you never have to get coffee there again if you don't want to lol

But it’s a super nice cafe! Lol

I’d still go back if things go sideways.

I just might go into hibernation for a bit instead. You know, to give everyone a breather (meaning me & him), and hope he forgets my face during this time, too! Lol.

I think a friendly wave can accomplish a lot.

Hi Jibralta, yeah I suspect that whatever I decide to do, it will be something simple - most likely either a smile or smile & hello, or who am I kidding, I’m going straight for the cute dog if the opportunity is there. I normally stop people along the street anyway who have cute dogs, so this would come more naturally than anything else. :)

Archived