Is this a normal feeling during the process of healing?

Dadadaisy123

Its been 7 months since my relationship ended, and since then Ive been going to therapy, taking care of myself, filling my weekends with social activities, and trying to improve in general.

But sometimes... I think theres a hole in my soul.. I feel lost, out of place and lacking in something... Sometimes I dont even know who I am, where I belong or fit in... and nothing around me feels beautiful or speciAl. .. anyway, I just wanted to know if this is a normal feeling during the process of healing from a relationship breakup. Thanks

Yes, this is absolutely normal, if there was a scale, perhaps you will feel better and realize these are all essential parts of healing.

I'm about the 6-7 month mark too, this week would have been our anniversary so you can imagine the size of the whole in my heart!, that's objective! .

As we still process the loss of the relationship, our ego takes a hit thus the feeling of less self worth and emptiness, I encourage you to also bring up these feelings with your therapist as it might be good to not only write here but say those words out

Thank you guys for the replies. It really helps to know im not the only one experiencing those feelings, because they are so overwhelming some days! And also, this was my first relationship and lasted 5 years. I was only 18 when it started, and was a different person. Guess i still dont know how to be on my own.... but yeah, this is really dificult...

Yes, this is absolutely normal, if there was a scale, perhaps you will feel better and realize these are all essential parts of healing.

I'm about the 6-7 month mark too, this week would have been our anniversary so you can imagine the size of the whole in my heart!, that's objective! .

As we still process the loss of the relationship, our ego takes a hit thus the feeling of less self worth and emptiness, I encourage you to also bring up these feelings with your therapist as it might be good to not only write here but say those words out

Oh, im sorry to hear that... there are so many special dates that we have to forget..

Its been 7 months since my relationship ended, and since then Ive been going to therapy, taking care of myself, filling my weekends with social activities, and trying to improve in general.

But sometimes... I think theres a hole in my soul.. I feel lost, out of place and lacking in something... Sometimes I dont even know who I am, where I belong or fit in... and nothing around me feels beautiful or speciAl. .. anyway, I just wanted to know if this is a normal feeling during the process of healing from a relationship breakup. Thanks

Hi there- sorry to hear about your heartbreak. I am 10 months in now and the pain is still very real. He got married to the new girl this month. Its frustrating to know he could move on so easily while im still working through the grief (and i ended things). But i keep chalking it up to the fact that everyone heals at different paces and copes in different ways. Keep pushing and belive me when i say thar with every passing month it gets better. I am in strict no contact as well. Good luck. You are not alone
Thank you guys for the replies. It really helps to know im not the only one experiencing those feelings, because they are so overwhelming some days! And also, this was my first relationship and lasted 5 years. I was only 18 when it started, and was a different person. Guess i still dont know how to be on my own.... but yeah, this is really dificult...

I'm definitely with you there. I'm approaching 6 months since an 8 year relationship ended. I was 16 when the relationship started, and it was my first one. I don't know what I'm doing with myself.

I guess I'll figure it out. I guess you will too. Until then, I expect that I'm maybe 1/4 done with my healing process.

I'm definitely with you there. I'm approaching 6 months since an 8 year relationship ended. I was 16 when the relationship started, and it was my first one. I don't know what I'm doing with myself.

I guess I'll figure it out. I guess you will too. Until then, I expect that I'm maybe 1/4 done with my healing process.

8 years...... but i guess its a blessing in disguise this opportunity to start over... begin again.. sorry about my english!

Anyway. We have the same age. In june i will be 24. We are still very young! If we were still in those relationships, i bet we would lose so many opportunities for growing...

Archived