No physical attraction to him anymore

ajsmom

My ex husband and I have been together off and on for the last 14 years. We were only married for 1 year of those 14 years. There is a 20 year age difference between us which was never a problem until recently. I'm 33 so he's 53. We have never gotten along very well, but have always been good sexually with each other. Since day 1 he's been judgmental towards my looks and personality. I'm a very happy and healthy 5'3 150 pound woman so I've never seen the issue. The only time he ever shows me any attention is when we would have sex. Other than that he would never comfort me or show me affection any other time. Anyways, 5 months ago he had all his teeth removed and got dentures which he never wears now. Ever since he got them all removed I have lost every bit of attraction to him and don't enjoy sex at all so I've completely given up on it. This makes him so mad that I don't want sex but I can't bring myself to tell him the real reason. I feel awful but I just can't force myself to be attracted to him. What should I do??

If you aren't married anymore, just stop having sex with him. Who cares how he feels about you not wanting to have sex? Move on. I think he has issues to have gotten with a 19 year old at 39 in the first place... and, he is judging of your looks to boot! Pfft.

My ex husband and I have been together off and on for the last 14 years. We were only married for 1 year of those 14 years. There is a 20 year age difference between us which was never a problem until recently. I'm 33 so he's 53. We have never gotten along very well, but have always been good sexually with each other. Since day 1 he's been judgmental towards my looks and personality. I'm a very happy and healthy 5'3 150 pound woman so I've never seen the issue. The only time he ever shows me any attention is when we would have sex. Other than that he would never comfort me or show me affection any other time. Anyways, 5 months ago he had all his teeth removed and got dentures which he never wears now. Ever since he got them all removed I have lost every bit of attraction to him and don't enjoy sex at all so I've completely given up on it. This makes him so mad that I don't want sex but I can't bring myself to tell him the real reason. I feel awful but I just can't force myself to be attracted to him. What should I do??

It's kind of a no brainer really... you don't get along, he is judgmental of your looks, you are judgmental of his, you aren't even married anymore... I don't see anything that keeps you guys together. What is your concern about ending this?

I'm 33 so he's 53.

We have never gotten along very well, but have always been good sexually with each other.

Since day 1 he's been judgmental towards my looks and personality.

The only time he ever shows me any attention is when we would have sex. Other than that he would never comfort me or show me affection any other time.

I have lost every bit of attraction to him and don't enjoy sex at all

What should I do??

How about stop wasting the best years of your life on him? He sounds like a controlling assclown who got with a 19 old because women his age would have known better than to put up with his crap. He groomed you into thinking that's all there is, but now that the age gap is catching on there is nothing left. Relationships are about give and take. Unless you are happy not getting anything and being mentally abused in the process, it's time to call it a day. He is a bad habit, not anything meaningful. And it sounds like he groomed into settling with his crap. Imo, you need to cut off this toxic relationship and stop seeing him for good. It's a major waste of your life and you only live once.

• 1 month later...

Archived