Rebound relationship? Hopeless?

lbax0

Telling him you've changed won't show him either.

Anyone, you should be doing this for you, not him.

Again, I don't yell or scream at anyone. I have my emotions in check, just with him I was so emotionally invested and never had to think about anything I did so when I got angry, things just happened. I can see a therapist and change, but without him, there wouldn't be a point. The whole point of everything is to hopefully get him back.

Again, I don't yell or scream at anyone. I have my emotions in check, just with him I was so emotionally invested and never had to think about anything I did so when I got angry, things just happened. I can see a therapist and change, but without him, there wouldn't be a point. The whole point of everything is to hopefully get him back.

Your own words from your original post:

"I started yelling and screaming at him for small things, and I know this is my problem that I need to fix."

I can tell you, I've never decided to go back to someone because I saw pictures of them on social media looking happy.

I think if you do things that are good for you, you should be doing them for yourself and not in an attempt to get someone to notice you.

Is he still living in your area?

He lives back at home and I will be visiting home in a couple of weeks. What has made you go back to someone?

At this point, I don't think anything that I do will make him get back together with me. I think it just matters what he thinks and wants which is why I was asking for opinions. I myself think that he's confused and he's looking for validation from this new girl because in no way can he actually love her after knowing her for a few weeks. I think that I hurt him, and that he’s not over it. He doesn’t wanna be with me because I hurt him and thats why he’s saying all this mean stuff although he still loves me. He claims he can lose feelings easily but that's humanly impossible to do in a matter of days or a couple of weeks. He found someone else to help fill the void even though he claims he isn't and he thinks she’s better than me because she’s giving him everything I “didn’t”. Even though I'd like to think I'm being unbiased, I feel like it's hard to be in my situation, so what do you think?

Your own words from your original post:

"I started yelling and screaming at him for small things, and I know this is my problem that I need to fix."

Yes, I would have to fix it if we got back together. The only person that I have yelled/screamed at was him. I don't do that to anyone else.

He isn't interested anymore, OP.

You had plenty of time to make changes and resolve the problems between you. And you didn't want any of it until he met another girl. Coming back now and promising him the world looks very insincere and motivated by your ego, not because you truly want him. Even if you do genuinely love him, your behaviour throughout this break-up very much suggests the opposite to him. It also might be true that he was unhappy in your relationship anyway and this would have happened sooner or later. It sounds like you two had a rocky dynamic and unhealthy relationship skills. So, it's also possible that he's been losing feelings progressively and not as quickly as you (or even he) thought. I say this having been in his shoes, with a man who was constantly getting upset, yelling, and pushing me out of his life. When he finally ended it in a fit of anger, I realized I didn't want to be with him anymore either. When he tried to come back a few weeks later, I genuinely had lost any desire to make it work.

The point is that you can't show him all these changes if he's no longer interested in seeing them. And at the moment, he isn't. Stop looking at his social media; you'll drive yourself crazy comparing yourself to his new girlfriend. Yes, people sometimes come back. But do they stay back? Not often, in my experience, particularly when you're relatively young. You've both just entered adulthood and it's more likely that you'll both learn from this and move in your separate directions.

Archived