I really like her

TurtleDog

I am sure than many of you, if you remember me, remember that I came from a very very toxic relationship where I was horribly abused and taken advantage of for 2 years.

Though I am still dealing with the issues that caused me a year and 4 months later, I decided I was going to try and get back on the horse.

I had started seeing this girl in January of last year, nothing too serious and we had been casually seeing each other for about 3 months. This girl fully understands what and where I am coming from and because of this is not very eager about pushing me into a relationship or even asking about getting into one. Next month will officially be one year since this girl and I had started whatever you would call this, and in the past 7 months or so, we have pretty much become exclusive without even telling each other that we are in fact exclusive...which I know sounds confusing, but the feelings are mutual all around the board.

She even asked me to be her roommate, and we have been kind of living together for a week now.

For the first time in 3 years...I feel respected, cared for, like I matter, like I am a human being who matters, like my feelings matter.

I have not felt any anger or annoyance with this girl, who I am going to refer to as "Lady" now.

Lady is the first girl I have dated who has her act together, she has her own place, a car, graduated college and is teaching in a high school. (We are 24 and 28)

Shes the first person I didn't have to support, the first person to offer to pay for things on a date, and the first person to not pressure me into doing anything.

Lady let me have my own reptile room (I have 3 geckos, and a frog, and hope to expand my collection), but the reptile room is also the room where she grades papers and I can do my homework because thats where the desk is. She loves books and also stores her book shelves in the reptile room and even offered to take out a book shelf so I have more space for tanks.

I am genuinely happy, and even though this is not an official relationship, it still has been the best thing to happen to me in a long long time.

Sounds like you have a good thing going. Only thing I see is “roommate” do y’all share a bedroom or separate bedrooms. If y’all are sharing a bedroom may as well make it official and be done with it. If spectate rooms, how would you feel if she brought another guy home or bring another girl home?

Archived