Help me interpret

happymedium11

So went out on a first date with a girl, for drinks and food on a weeknight. wasn't sure what to make of it.

sat across the table from her and talked for several hours. hug goodnight. no kiss.

day after i texted her midday to let her know i had a good time. that I hoped to see her around.

there was a pause...

then 3 hrs later, she replies:

yes,had a great time too! i would love to do it again sometime

is this a polite shrug off or does she actually mean what she said?

She took her time to text back because you took so long to tell her you had a great time. You should have texted that to her sooner. She's playing along with you. But, she most likely wants to see you again. Next time, don't play the "waiting" game with her. Women truly hate gmaes.

She took her time to text back because you took so long to tell her you had a great time. You should have texted that to her sooner. She's playing along with you. But, she most likely wants to see you again. Next time, don't play the "waiting" game with her. Women truly hate gmaes.

I mean I get theres a fine balance between too long and too much too soon that you're smothering someone. but wow really, the next day was too long?

so whats your thoughts are timing of asking about second date activity? 3 days after? 5 days after? do you girls have thoughts after that?

thanks appreciate all you're responses, especially since its from a female perspective.

I appreciate a follow-up from a guy sooner rather than later. The best is the text later the same night, asking me out again before I've even gotten to sleep.

But I think your text the next day was fine.

I wouldn't pay any mind to her 3-hour delay. Many people aren't attached to their phones at the hip. Those are actually healthier people! If she was working, or driving, or jogging, or whatever, she wouldn't be able to text you back that second.

Then again, you really don't have the right to diss her for the delay, as you waited till the next day.

Ask her out again, and soon!

I mean I get theres a fine balance between too long and too much too soon that you're smothering someone. but wow really, the next day was too long?

so whats your thoughts are timing of asking about second date activity? 3 days after? 5 days after? do you girls have thoughts after that?

thanks appreciate all you're responses, especially since its from a female perspective.

I can't answer for musicgirl but since I agreed with her post, I'll tell you what I think. If a guy delays to respond to me, I delay too. This is not exactly a game, but it's more like establishing a communication. If I really like him and the feeling is mutual, the responses will get almost immediate. Gradually though.

Like everyone else said, she likes you, pay no attention to the 3 hour delay!

I can't answer for musicgirl but since I agreed with her post, I'll tell you what I think. If a guy delays to respond to me, I delay too. This is not exactly a game, but it's more like establishing a communication. If I really like him and the feeling is mutual, the responses will get almost immediate. Gradually though.

Like everyone else said, she likes you, pay no attention to the 3 hour delay!

Completely agree with this. If I feel the connection is mutual and you're reaching out to me quickly I'm going to match your interest. If you're waiting a day, again I'm going to match your interest, men are way too quick to label a womans eagerness as clinginess so no thanks, I'll match you.

I find it interesting you're panicking when you yourself waited a day, like others have said 3 hours is nothing, but your reaction to it should be a lesson. When you're into someone don't play the waiting game.

Archived