Ghosted, but she was the one who had been initiating

Bismark776

I guess this is probably pretty standard, I'm just not experienced with hookup culture enough to know it. I'm feeling a little confused though, so I thought I'd check in on here.

I matched with a girl on tinder, we had a good conversation, went out the next night, she invited me back to her place, we hooked up, I stayed the night, and then hung around for a bit of the morning, leaving with a pretty passionate kiss.

If that had been it and I'd reached out later and she didn't respond, I'd get it. However, I got home and she texted me shortly after to see if I got home alright. We chatted a bit, then she texted me again later that night and we chatted a bit more. The next morning she texted me again about some good news she was excited about, we chatted some more. I then texted her that afternoon, we had maybe a dozen or so messages back and forth pretty quickly, then I asked her out again and its been silence since then.

Again, I guess this is just hookup culture, she got the fun night she was looking for and whatever. But then, why the follow-up and initiating new contact? I was ready for this to be nothing but when she kept reaching out I thought there might be something there and now I'm in the dark.

Any insight? Is this normal?

People can be pretty hot and cold whilst dating. It seems to me like she really enjoyed your company but maybe it was just too intense in too short a period of time. Just give it a few days and maybe reach out or do nothing because if you do nothing, nothing can go wrong. lol.

Thanks for the response Vesper, you may be right. She ended up texting again today but no mention or acknowledgement of my text from yesterday. I don't know exactly what that means but I'm going with your theory and will just back off a bit, let her dictate the pace of things for now, and see where we're at this weekend or next week.

Archived