I just need the general consensus on this one

bdwiii

Thank you Krankor, I sincerely appreciate that. And you are right on all points. I did not mean it in the way OP took it. And I meant no harm.

I read the posts like everyone else and get a sense of what was written and give my honest evaluation and advice on ALL points and even those that the posters might not want to hear. But it's not meant to be attacking.

bdwii, I hear ya, cancer is a monster and I, nor anyone else will ever know what you faced. I recently lost one of my best friends to cancer and I went through the whole devastating journey with him, so I know what it all entails.

As I said before, I find you a very strong person to have come out the other side and I do sincerely hope that you keep getting better. Please do not stop posting. We are all human here and we try to give the best advice as we can. We are not always correct but we are honest. There is very good people on this site, and the advice given truly is meant to be helpful and yes at times it can be harsh, but again, we are all only human.

I hadn't realised Lahermes launched an attack on my comment and I just would like to remind everyone that all who post on here have a right to an opinion. You might not agree with it, it might not be what you would have said, or you might think it is totally out of left field, but none the less, it is their opinion and they have a right to voice it.

I personally try to be respectful to others opinions, even if it isn't my own. After all, this is what this site is all about, getting different opinions and we all think differently.

I don't think it's necessarily my right to attack someone else's opinion. I have slipped from time to time, but for the most part, I do feel everyone has a right to their say without being attacked for it.

I hope we can remember to be respectful to each other's differences.

Thanks everyone for your candor and for understanding. I do appreciate that, and I do also understand that when posting, it's never the same as speaking face to face and if not written correctly the conveyance can come across very wrong.

I also want to thank all you for your kind comments about this disease I'm battling. I've learned that pancreatic cancer has only a 20-25% five year survival rate even with curative surgery such as I had (Whipple Procedure). Although right now my oncologist say they see no cancer in my scans, there's always the chance it could come back and kill me. It's like living under the "sword of Damocles." Again, thank you for being understanding and God bless. I suppose we're all just hoping to find some happiness in this life.

You are absolutely right, we are all trying to survive and find some kind of happiness. Some people's journeys are more difficult than others. I have personally questioned why it is that some seem to have smooth sailing while others have such a rough ride, but I guess there is no real answers for that and we just have to do the best with what is on our own plate.

Crossing my fingers for you bdwii, I hope and pray it stays gone. Thank you for your considerate and understanding reply.

Thank you all for your kind replies. My next CT will be December 13th. Hopefully all stays clear.

Damon Angel, you're exactly right. Her daughter who is still quite little yet (just turned 9), looked to me as a father figure because she and her mother told me how she hates going to see her real father. I was told all he does is sit and watch TV and drink beer when she's there. That's a horrible environment for a child.

When she and her mother would come over we'd do fun things like go fishing, swimming, and things like that. We were going to go to a cherry fair this weekend until this drinking thing spoiled it. I still talk to her mother now and then, and I wish them both well. I mean after all I have known her mother for 25 years.

Archived