Ex Girl called me

I've been trying NC for about a week now. My ex-girlfriend continually texts me, and isn't sure if we should be texting or not. I don't want to bc I want the NC to have an effect on her. She texts like she cares though, asking to tell her about my track meet, and just texting me random stuff throughout the day. I try to reply minimally since I don't want her to think I don't care about her anymore, but still showing her what she's missing by being short with her. Last night, she texted "I know I probably shouldn't do this, but I need too" .. & then proceeded to call me. I didn't answer and texted "Goodnight, (ex's name)" because I knew the phone call wouldn't get anywhere. & then it seemed she panicked and called me again. At this point, I'm thinking "okay she might want to work things out" I answered confidently knowing that it could still be a pointless call. She was bawling her eyes out and said "I just wanted to hear about your track meet" so I confidently told her without her sensing that my heart was jumping out of my chest just talking to her. After I talked she said "I'm sorry I called" I knew it. It was pointless. I shouldn't have answered the second time. I said "I'm sorry I answered." She said "I'm glad you answered" then I told her goodnight and her hung up. What does this mean.....

If you want NC, then block her. She is disrespecting you by continuing to reach out.

This means nothing. You should not have any communication, unless she wants a full reconciliation. By staying in touch, you are helping her transition on to someone else. You are making it very easy for her. If she doesn't want a relationship, then you should not be communicating,

You are allowing her to string you along. If she needs to "find herself," then she needs to do it on her own. Stop being a doormat. Strict NC.

Don't be passive-aggressive like this, it's weak. She's friendzoning you so stay strict No Contact not all this nonsense chitchat. Why did you breakup?

I try to reply minimally since I don't want her to think I don't care about her anymore, but still showing her what she's missing by being short with her.

This in a nutshell is why you have to stay no contact..if she really wanted to get back together she would break your door down to do so. You're just making it way too easy for her to get over you by being way too available..you have to have the mindset it's over. Once I did that with my ex the healing really kicked into gear

Archived