my ex is doing the same thing. he tells me that he misses me and loves me and wishes that we were moving in together, like we planned, but when i ask him why he isnt doing anything about it he tells me that i am not doing anything either. im a pain in the butt, its true, but hes no day at the beach either. we dated for almost 2 years. we had plans. or so i thought. he says that he will call me, he doesnt, he makes plans with me (dinner) and then he never follows through. all i want is for him to come home. im confused. i try to stop callin but im so lost w/o him. i just want to SHOUT at him and ask him WHY...but he would cry and tell me that he was sorry and that he understood and he was doing the best he could...but thats not an answer...what should i do? i want to DRAG him home but i dont think thats the solution either...

i just want to SHOUT at him and ask him WHY...but he would cry and tell me that he was sorry and that he understood and he was doing the best he could

Maybe he has some things that he has to do. Maybe he has some things that he didnt tell u.

Try talking and show some care about him when asking. He might have some problems which he needs to deal with first?

Hey hon - I'm sorry - I think that his actions speak louder than his words. He says he "wishes" you two were back together, but he doesn't actually follow up? If he wanted to be with you, he'd hire a moving van and move in with you, or you with him.

Not showing up consistently - that's a bad sign. Once, twice, perhaps he was busy, but if this is his pattern.... not good.

It just looks like he doesn't want to be with you. I'm sorry. Try your best to do No Contact and move on with your life.

Take care

My ex said the same thing for a year. All the words, but not one single, solitary card, one visit, one...anything. In my case, I think I was being strung along in case someone else didn't work out. I was a backup plan. It wasn't until I moved on and began dating someone else that my ex was willing to match her actions to her words. But it was too late. There's something you are not being told. Find out what it is. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

he lives with a friend of his. i dont know whats bothering him, i ask and he wont tell. he tells me that i am not doing anything to bring him home, i dont know what that is and he wont tell me, he quit his job. he talks to me when i call him but not about anything important, because he says that i get hysterical, because i get upset. MY life is in shambles now and he is partying!he comes to my place and pouts, wont talk, just pouts. and he tells me that i know where he is and that he is never far away. i have turned off his cell phone and thereforeeee have no reason to talk to him so i guess that i just did what i always do, trusted the wrong personl i really should have known...