How do you control Manic Bipolar??

hawkbiitt

So I've been diagnosed with bipolar 2 for over two years now but my doctor says I've probably had it since I was a child due to me sexually abuse half my childhood and physically and mentally abuse by my home life... where I come from it is not a home and I struggle to understand what one is. I have a boyfriend now of 3 years that doesn't seem to understand how sensitive and explosive I can be based on tones in his voice, and that can be said to anyone who talks down to me. My only problem is that I yell and loud, I'm on and off my medication because I need to work and it makes me sleepy. I used to break and I make like all out go war zone on my apartment break but I'm learning you can't do that in adult world. So I've taken up crying hysterically and smoking weed. I hate it because I want to be normal and when I'm around other people I feel normal but when I'm at my boyfriends he says people don't act like me "crazy and hysterical and overboard" but I mean people really do, just YouTube public freak outs you'll find hundreds of them, but I don't get it what's wrong with how I act if I get mad? And when he gets mad at me I'll think about it for days not just mins or hours I mean days or weeks! Ugh does anyone else have manic bipolar and feel like there will never be any self control?? Because I just want to be normal but not so normal where I loose the creative parts that make up my personality.

Ongoing medical therapy and talk therapy regularly as well as lifestyle management to avoid manic episodes. Of course avoid street drugs and drinking.

If you are feeling hyper-irritable see your doctor since that is an indication of change and the need for reevaluation.

You need to see a therapist regularly to monitor things since self monitoring is notoriously difficult. During hypomanic highs it's common to go off meds and fly into full blown mania with all the symptoms you are describing.

It's not your bf's nob to tiptoe around poorly controlled moods. You refuse to take medication or work with your doctor to find one with the least side effects so yes you'll have a very difficult time.

how sensitive and explosive I can be based on tones in his voice. M

y only problem is that I yell and loud,

I'm on and off my medication

I've taken up crying hysterically and smoking weed.

he says people don't act like me "crazy and hysterical and overboard" I don't get it what's wrong with how I act if I get mad

Ongoing medical therapy and talk therapy regularly as well as lifestyle management to avoid manic episodes. Of course avoid street drugs and drinking.

If you are feeling hyper-irritable see your doctor since that is an indication of change and the need for reevaluation.

You need to see a therapist regularly to monitor things since self monitoring is notoriously difficult. During hypomanic highs it's common to go off meds and fly into full blown mania with all the symptoms you are describing.

It's not your bf's nob to tiptoe around poorly controlled moods. You refuse to take medication or work with your doctor to find one with the least side effects so yes you'll have a very difficult time.

Yea as soon as I get insurance again I will buy right now I'm stretching them out and it doesn't help that he throws my condition in my face or makes fun of it by calling me crazy because I'm not crazy. And when he says it he means it.

If he is an irritant to your moods or disrespectful, dump him. Go to an ER rather than self medicate with weed or take meds here and there. Does more harm than good.

Yea as soon as I get insurance again I will buy right now I'm stretching them out and it doesn't help that he throws my condition in my face or makes fun of it by calling me crazy because I'm not crazy. And when he says it he means it.

A person who stoops to the level of calling you names, and makes fun of your disability is someone whom you don't need in your life. As with any illness, meds are needed to control various symptoms, etc. That said, this immature clown will do nothing but drag you down to a level which you don't deserve.

In any event, since it's important to keep a steady stream of these prescribed meds in your system, have you considered contacting your MD and asking if you can obtain your meds from other resources?

• 2 weeks later...

If you were diabetic or had eczema or arthritis would your boyfriend make fun of you and call you names? Bipolar is a medical condition just like any other. Just because it affects your mental state rather than a part of your body doesn't make it any less a medical condition.

And any medical condition requires treatment from a doctor.

I have a couple of chronic, ongoing medical conditions. I can't just go on and off my meds because then I'd have a flare up. The same thing will happen with bipolar...you need to continue to take your meds even if you think you don't need them. In fact, with your condition it's when you think you DON'T need them that you need them the most.

I would seriously rethink this "boyfriend". If he starts losing his hair or has erectile dysfunction or if he develops a pot belly are you permitted to make fun of him? He's just not good for you.

If you were diabetic or had eczema or arthritis would your boyfriend make fun of you and call you names? Bipolar is a medical condition just like any other. Just because it affects your mental state rather than a part of your body doesn't make it any less a medical condition.

And any medical condition requires treatment from a doctor.

I have a couple of chronic, ongoing medical conditions. I can't just go on and off my meds because then I'd have a flare up. The same thing will happen with bipolar...you need to continue to take your meds even if you think you don't need them. In fact, with your condition it's when you think you DON'T need them that you need them the most.

I would seriously rethink this "boyfriend". If he starts losing his hair or has erectile dysfunction or if he develops a pot belly are you permitted to make fun of him? He's just not good for you.

This ^^. Listen to what ppl are telling you here.

Archived