Here's what I'm thinking of doing next. Thoughts?

SadPanda78

Hello All,

I tried to provide the orig URL to my post but I the site told me I'm not allowed to.

So here's the TL;DR version

Known this girl for over a year, started dating her back in late Jan. Her ex broke up with her after a 4 year relationship in Dec. I got way too emotionally invested and were moving things too fast...whereas she wanted something more casual, so she had the dreaded let's be friends talk with me a little over a week ago. Huge regret of mine was not pushing back on her decision. Went NC for almost a week, and it allowed me to reflect back on everything. It makes sense...she got out of a LTR and doesn't want to get right back into one...bad timing. Broke NC yesterday and had a small text exchange over random topics and it was fine

So...here's where I'm at. I dig this girl and want to give it another go with her at a pace she's comfortable at, in the meanwhile I'll still also see what else is out there. My point of view is that I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring, and see where this takes me bc if you don't, you never know what you'd miss. Would hate to miss out on something based on bad timing. So I'm going to ask her to see if she wants to pick it back up. Worst case she says no, but then I have no regrets and move on.

Additional context on me...I married young and my marriage of 14 years ended about two years ago and only recently started dating one year ago.

Thoughts welcome.

It seems giving her space so she can miss you would be a more effective approach than buzzing in the friendzone and asking her out again so soon, no?

she had the dreaded let's be friends talk with me a little over a week ago. So I'm going to ask her to see if she wants to pick it back up.
It seems giving her space so she can miss you would be a more effective approach than buzzing in the friendzone and asking her out again so soon, no?

So yes. I'm basically going to still stay in touch with her while dating other people and revisit this in a few weeks. Going to make sure that there's still some interest from her end and go from there.

I have a regret of not speaking up, and I want that gone. If she says no, so be it...but I need to at least try.

Archived