Scared to hang out with new guy + confused feelings?

PunkRaptor

Sorry in advance if this is confusing or anything, it's a bit hard to sum up.

Anyway, the last few months have been really rocky for me.

It's quite a long story, but basically there was this guy that used to live in my town/go to my school but stays in a town now 6 hours away for schooling. We started talking in September, hung out when he came down for a week just as friends but progressed on to having a thing. I knew from the beginning we couldn't date because there was too many complications, but I was very content with what we were. He came down in December again where things became more intimate. To summarize, I came to the conclusion after finding some things out and numerous events occuring that it was very likely he was using me for sex all along, and his intentions overall were unclear. We stopped talking in January after my friend called him out on his games. Like a player would do, he made up excuses and lied about everything that happened between us. It hurt me pretty bad because I definitely gained more feelings than I thought I would. He's hit me up on occasion since then, but we haven't had a real conversation.

My problem lies here though. About two weeks ago, I began talking to this other guy. He went to my elementary school coincidentally and turns out he knows my brother and we used to talk a little bit. He's very sweet to me and we have had many deep conversations already about life and our issues. We are very much alike and he seems genuine with what he says. The thing is, he's very, very close friends with the other guy. Whenever he'd be in town, they'd hang out.

This confuses and scares me, because I feel like I have feelings for them both. I know that after all the trouble I went through previously I shouldn't still like him, but I have sooo many good memories from when we'd hang out that I can't let go of. Maybe I miss the memories more than the person, who knows, but at the same time I like this new guy who just so happens to be his best friend. Plus, he wants to hang out this weekend, and I agreed to since I really want to, but overall I'm just scared. I'm so mixed up in this situation. I'm scared to trust and I'm afraid of going through the same attachment that I went through just to have him leave. I'm worried about getting close while still holding on to the feelings I have for someone else, especially if this new person wants to be in an actual relationship.

I'm so lost on what to do. Should I hang out and go for it without any worries? Or should I be open about my feelings before things get careied away? Any other advice? Once again sorry if this is really messy and badly worded.

Were you just fwb with guy 1? What did you mean by "I knew from the beginning we couldn't date because there was too many complications, but I was very content with what we were"

Why not just hang out with guy 2 and not go so fast with too much, too soon? You set the pace so things won't "get carried away" unless You want them to. No do not discuss your relationship issues etc on a simple casual hangout date. He's not a therapist.

S he wants to hang out this weekend, and I agreed to since I really want to. I'm worried about getting close while still holding on to the feelings I have for someone else, especially if this new person wants to be in an actual relationship.

Archived