10 weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years, i was very unhappy with my life, I wasn't unemployed, i hated my friends, was bored with the relationship, and guilty for being a burdon. I left quickly, moved in with a friend, got a good job, new friends, everything. 2 months later i was diagnosed with Bipolar mood disorder, and realize that I love my ex very much and left spontaneously because of my condition.

Now, my Ex is seeing some young guy, he says he loves me but is afraid that i'm going to leave again or that i want to get back because i'm unhappy. He wants to do a trial reconcilliation but doesn't want to end it yet with the 'other' guy. It tears me apart and It's turning me into a wreck. Every time his phone rings, he answers and walks away, and i'm devastated because he's talking to someone else. I want to do whatever it takes to fix what I broke, but i'm having great trouble accepting this other person. Any advice on how to proceed?

I know how you feel. It's hard. Been in a situation like it before and am kind of in one like it now but you can't beat yourself up for doing what you thought was best for you. Sometimes you have to reorganize your life and if leaving something or someone behind is part of the process you have to do it and he has to understand that. Another thing is you have to find out what you truly want. If he is your answer then you have to make sure that all the aspects of really wanting this relationship are in place because it's not only your feelings that are being stirred up but his too.

As far as the other person in his life, you have to deal with it. If that's who he wants, that's who he's going to be with and if not he'll come back to you. You just have to let things fall into place by themself.

Hello. I am sorry for the pain you are in. It is natural for your ex to be reluctant to dive back in, as you were the one who ended it. However, you did not know at the time you were bipolar. I think hanging around long enough to show him you mean business and being there when he needs you will make an impact. He may be hesitant to end things with his new bf because of his trust issues with regards to you. So, give him time. That will tell you whether he is hoping you can commit or if he really does want to be with this other person. Good luck.