My boyfriend dumped me on text via snapchat!!

Unicorn1307

Me and my bf started dating in year 9 and he broke up with me because being in a relationship was too much effort. Now I am in year 11 (16 years old) and I am going to go to college soon. My boyfriend reached out to me around the end of August and we were soon dating in September. Our relationship was going very well and he apologised about our previous relationship and he seemed very serious. During our relationship there were things that bugged me. He commented on a girls picture with love heart emojis and a peach emoji. I wasnt happy and I told him then he apologised. After this a month later I asked him how much he liked me and he said "7/10 I guess". I was offended and I told him. At this point in time we had been dating for 4 months. I told his friends about this but they said maybe 10/10 meant love and he wasnt at the stage of loving me yet. But I knew I did. I had fallen for this guy quickly and hard. Around this time too he had broken his leg and I went to visit him at his house to show my support and also cuz I wanted to get close to him too. Wen i got home from his house he said he wanted to kiss me eveytime he saw me. 4 months into our relationship, my friends tell me that a girl said if it wasnt for me and my boyfriend being together she would date him. I wasnt okay with this so I told my boyfriend to see wat he thought and to also get some reassurance he had no interest in her. This dosent work and he tells me that he was into her before and that shes good looking. I didnt speak to him after this and even though I told him you dont say that stuff to your gf he says im overreacting. We argued and he told me that he will be more sensitive towards me if im less emotional. I told him that ive handled scenarios where some girls wouldn't be okay with wat he has done if they were to date him, and he tells me to end it. I dont want to and i tell him i still want to be with him. I go to school the next day and I apologise for wat I said telling him I didn't mean it to come across that way. He tells me hes done his mistakes but I blew it out of proportion but he wants to take a break. I ask him how long the break is and he says he doesn't know. I get home the same day and ask him on text where I stand with him. He says to me "Nah. We dont have a connection. You're too emotional and its not just cuz ur a girl. You just need to let go". I have a feeling he will come back. I am his first girlfriend and he hasn't dated anyone else but has linked other girls in the past. He was my first serious relationship. Is this guy worth my time?

Me and my bf started dating in year 9 and he broke up with me because being in a relationship was too much effort. Now I am in year 11 (16 years old)

He tells me hes done his mistakes but I blew it out of proportion but he wants to take a break. I ask him how long the break is and he says he doesn't know. I get home the same day and ask him on text where I stand with him. He says to me "Nah. We dont have a connection. You're too emotional and its not just cuz ur a girl. You just need to let go".

Is this guy worth my time?

Take note of his words: "We don't have a connection. You just need to let go". That is very telling. After reading your post I come away with the impression that he has checked out. Yes, you do sound very emotional, but at the same time, he also sounds very young and quite immature (I am assuming he's your age) and is just doing what guys that age do.

Is he worth your time? Right now, I don't think so. I think he's "over it" and wants some freedom (which is not unreasonable at such a young age).

I say move on and look forward to your college years - there's a lot of good times ahead of you.

As hard as it is, you will get through this! It will be good experience for you in your next amazing relationship. Be the better person and don't contact him. When you see him smile sincerely. Don't bad mouth him. Letting go is the hardest thing to do in life and you will need to do it millions of times for many reasons. Remember the good times and let it go. I am very emotional too, it has ruined good friendships and relationships. I need to work on it. You are lucky you are young!

he broke up with me because being in a relationship was too much effort.

And here's why he's so lazy he broke up with you via an app. Seriously, block and delete this guy. Only a total a$$hat talks to the woman they claim to be dating about other women like you're his best male drinking buddy. It's not acceptable, it's disrespectful as all get out, and it will kill your confidence and keep you downtrodden. Which frankly that whole tactic about bragging about how attractive you find other people to your partner is about. He wants you to feel like you aren't good enough and that you will do whatever he says and not realize you can do better.

Trust me, you can do soooo much better than this silly boy. Delete him, block him, if he comes back around tell him it's done, because he was being disrespectful, you and he both know he was, and you don't do games.

You want the guy that treats you right, this one doesn't. He's done, be done and move on. It hurts, but not have as much as the slow-drip poison he was feeding you when he knew better. That was about control, not love.

Not sure I'd call the kid trash. Maybe a bit insensitive and not yet aware that honesty actually isn't always the best policy. You're both young and dumb (not a knock, we've all been 16).

For what it's worth, I think you're learning some lessons that don't sink in for many women even after they are full grown adults.

1. Seek validation within yourself, not others.

2. Don't ask questions you don't want to hear an honest answer to.

Your actions do sound quite dramatic and, to his benefit, it does sound like he in fact dumped you in person, even if with a somewhat cop-outty "let's take a break" line. He simply cut the ambiguity over text when you initiated the topic over text.

You'll have plenty more opportunity in the future. Don't kick yourself too hard.

Archived