Ex saying maybe in the future?

donotmicrowave

I know, I know.. It's usually a way to let someone down gently, without hurting them too much. No one wants to hear "Never again".

But!

I made another thread about my ex boyfriend's behavior and how the break up was. When he left me, he did say that there's a chance for us in the future. Of course, I didn't believe that.

But now, a few days later, I try not to talk about us, but did ask him if he really meant it. He said he did.

Now, I'm not sure how many of you can relate with me, but I don't have that feeling that says "It's over, let it go". I really don't. Of course, I will move on and improve myself as a person and heal, but I'm very confused. He is sending me a lot of mixed signals, he tells me he misses me, he tries to stay in touch and continue our conversations no matter what (which is new) and things like that. More in my other thread, if anyone is interested.

He is going to fly to Estonia to meet me next month. We were long distance (3 years) and I moved to Denmark 7 months ago, but staying here hurts a bit too much.

Do you guys have any advice for me? What to do next?

The pressure is off. You broke up, moved out and are going back home.

He doesn't have to have a relationship or try or live together or make you happy in Denmark or in general, etc. Which is a huge relief, so he can just relax without worrying about anything anymore because you are flying back home and will be fine and happy there.

The visit will also be no pressure fun because he is free and relaxed now to just visit and enjoy. The strain of the relationship and living together is in the past so everyone can relax and enjoy now.

he tells me he misses me, he tries to stay in touch and continue our conversations no matter what (which is new) and things like that. He is going to fly to Estonia to meet me next month. We were long distance (3 years) and I moved to Denmark 7 months ago, but staying here hurts a bit too much.

Stop communicating with him.

I wish I had a dollar for everyone who promised a future but for the present time didn't want the relationship.

It's their way of weaning them self off slowly from you. And maybe just keeping you as a back up plan just in case.

This likely hood is extremely slim. Add in it's long distance, even much more so.

What to do in the meantime. Don't speak with him. Tell him good bye and if at some point he is certain to contact then.

In the meantime you detach yourself from this relationship and move on.

Just let things happen, let it flow. But do not obsess over the signals he is giving you, if he wants to get back together with you he would say it. If the signals are too much to handle or you find yourself needing space, just stop communicating with him for awhile. Right now, just focus on yourself and if you're ready go out and date others.

Don't worry too much about it.

Archived