Marriage issues - feel like I don't exist

Some Peter Pan's never grow up. It's hard to change something that is intrinsic in one's nature.

He's lazy and complacent and even though he may be able to change some things,

in the end what you have is standing right in front of you.

At the very least a similar, slightly improved version of it.

Imagine him become motivated is probably about as simple as you no longer being OCD clean.

This is what you are up against.

For change to happen, it takes two very motivated committed people to work together towards it.

I'll check the book out, thanks.

Passive-aggressive behavior was first defined clinically by Army psychiatrist Colonel William Menninger during World War II in the context of men's reaction to military compliance. Menninger described soldiers who were not openly defiant but expressed their aggressiveness “by passive measures, such as pouting, stubbornness, procrastination, inefficiency, and passive obstructionism” due to what Menninger saw as an "immaturity" and a reaction to "routine military stress".

I know he can do what needs to be done because I've seen the house spotless after I left town once or twice. He takes care of everything when I'm gone. And he does crazy things for work that take dedication and being a responsible adult. I guess I'm just trying to find out how to make it important and worth it. Because he says he can and I beleive he can. If it doesn't I'll give up eventually but for now I beleive there is hope now... to unlock it. It takes two and I do know I need to be better about my verbal communication because I can be intense and I don't think I'd like to be talked to how I talk to him sometimes. Regardless of how he treats me I need to be my best. For myself.

Archived