SO...I recently got out of a relationship. It is still fairly fresh and I'm doing quite well despite all the drama. So...since moving here with my now ex-boyfriend I am finding it hard to meet friends. I just work and go to school that's about it. This really nice lady I work with came up to me yesterday and asked me if I had a picture of myself. I was like...probably, WHY? She said she wanted to show it to her son...she says he needs a good woman. She knows a lot about my situation with my ex and how I am living a pretty lonely existence right now. I was really flattered that she thought of me for her son. The thing is... for months now I have had a crush on this guy that works with us. I know that he has a girlfriend and things are pretty rocky between them right now. He stares a lot and I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I hope that we might have the chance to hang out or go out...or whatever...nothing serious..I'm just really atracted to the guy...really...ALOT...A WHOLE BUNCH...so u get the drift. This lady and the guy I'm crushin on work very closely together, go on breaks together...talk about things together. I don't want to jeopardize any potential fling with this guy by dating this lady's son. I'm not looking for a serious relatinoship anyway and she acts like she looking to match up her son and me. Her son is 35 and I'm 25. I've never dated anyone that much older than me. SO..I dunno...what do u think I should do? I'm really just looking for a fling with this guy I work with...That's not something I have ever really done either. I don't think we are couple material or anything, but I can sense the attraction between us...who knows though, ya know? I certainly don't.

why don't you just talk to her son for a while. you could causually "mention" to the guy you do have a crush on that your co-worker is trying to set you up, but you're not really sure if he's the guy for you. You know... drop a hint to the guy you do like...

... as for "rocky relationships," it's not always worth hanging out until they break up. I know some couples who have had rocky relationships, being on the verge of breaking up for 2-3 years.... But, if you think it's coming soon....

Either way... good luck! I hope that things work out for you!

Since this guy I have a crush on and the lady thats trying to hook me up with her son work so closely together...and it appears that this lady is somewhat of a gossip...I am almost certain she will mention to him that she is trying to hook me up with her son. Ya see, me and this guy i have a crush on don't really communicate...he stares at me I stare at him..we have only recently begun smiling at each other..it just hasnt gone there yet. People would catch on to us if we started talking...i think he realizes this and doesnt want to deal with that at work since he has a pretty imporant job...i dunno it's all good fun really. We'll see though..