So there's two guys. I love both of them, they both want me. One is an ex, we were together for a year and it was amazing, we didn't talk for months but I never got over him, we only broke up because both of our heaths disintegrated so it was for the best. I started talking to him again and immediately had feelings for him despite being with someone else at the time. The someone else is the other guy in this scenario, he's great, he treats me so well(better than the other guy and we're probably better suited for each other). We were also together for a year before breaking up because he became mentally ill. All three of us have been in psychiatric hospitals and that's how we met(I know you shouldn't date people from hospital but I'm stupid). Anyway he tried to kill himself and had to go into hospital eventually but I had to take care of for nearly a month before that, it really go to me and I couldn't sleep, I stayed with him 24/7 didn't sleep in fear he'd do something while I did, I didn't go to my lectures and have to repeat exams and possible the year because of it. He's out of hospital and we've remained close and acted as if we were still together despite breaking up. I've gone right back to taking care of him, I can't sleep in case he'll text me saying he'll do something and it'll be my fault(the last attempt he text me saying goodbye and I had to ring an ambulance to find him and stop him). It's all had a terrible affect on my own mental health and I was up the night before last wanting to kill myself just to end the fear. I know I would blame myself if anything happened to him. We got back together properly the night that happened. I have been talking to the ex from the first part and we happened to start getting romantic and I really want to be with him but I can't leave the other one in case he'll do anything, I'm miserable and scared all the time and I'm ruining my chance to be with the person I really want. I do also still like the second guy, I honestly thought we'd be together for the rest of our lifes and we had it planned, it's just the fear is too much and I can't take it anymore but I still love him and love bring with him for the brief moments I forget the fear. I just don't know what to do, I feel trapped

You can't be with someone just because you fear what they'll do if you're not. I know it sounds so cold, but think about it. You deserve a happy life and can't let him rob you of want you want. Yes you like him, but it seems you're in love with someone else and only with this person out of what can be considered to be pity. You have to slowly ease away before you lose who you really want. If he wanted to let you go, he would, so you need to do the same. You can have someone else watch over him. It'll never be your fault if he hurts himself. In the end you will resent him for taking away your chance to be with the one you love. If he wants to hurt himself, he will regardless of you being with him or not. Eventually you may regret not being with the one you love. There are ways out of this. You have done so much for him, but it's time for you to put you first and be with who you truly love, if your heart feels it is right and you truly believe the guy is sincere about getting back together and staying together.

It would be best to look after yourself and your own health and mental well being.

Don't play nurse or psychiatrist to the ex or this new guy.

Talk to your doctors about this. You need to end both these situations and live in peace.

we only broke up because both of our heaths disintegrated. All three of us have been in psychiatric hospitals and that's how we met. I really want to be with him but I can't leave the other one in case he'll do anything, I'm miserable and scared all the time and I'm ruining my chance to be with the person I really want.

Archived