Dating after long-term relationship

rosecolored108

I don't think you're going about anything the in wrong way SO LONG as you don't continue to talk to your ex. Of course it may have been a bit better to wait until you were completely healed (whatever that means) from the last relationship but now you've found someone you like, and you deserve that. Just move forward and be happy. And even though you aren't speaking with your ex anymore doesn't mean you're not allowed to think about him once in a while, and to 'cherish' those memories. Good luck with your new relationship

Thanks for the input. Yes, timing can be hard to control. Of course, I wish I met this new guy later in the game, but it was out of my control. I agree about moving forward and being happy. I will probably always think of my ex every now and then, since we dated for so long...but time definitely makes it easier.

I am trying my best to keep the baggage away from the new guy. It can be hard since I do have some resentment built up from my last relationship, but he is a lot different than my ex, and I think that helps keep things going in the right direction.

Archived