Everything is there...but...

Had a few dates with a girl that our mutual friends set up. We kissed a bit, and slept together (no sex, just cuddling and sleeping). She ishowing all the signs of being VERY interested in me.

I like this girl. If I listed every quality I wanted in a girfriend on paper, I bet she would meet 99% of them.

...but there just seems to be something missing.

This girl is a great kisser, but when I kissed my ex, I would forget where I was for 5 minutes after. Butterflies in the stomach and all. I just don't get that feeling with this girl

Do you think we should just hang out more, and see if I develope something for her? Or is it doomed from the start?

hmmm....the comparison to the ex is always one that screws you over. however, im a big believer that sometimes theres just something NOT THERE. i would still say give it a little time...i mean maybe 2 more dates. see how you feel. but there needs to be a spark and if its not there then you're leading her on. at this stage those butterflies and forgetfullness should be full throtle. because it only goes downhill after time in that department lol. however sometiems i believe thats when true love emerges, when those feelings of infactuation go away and you still want to be with that person. but newayzzz, i think that you can give it A LIL more time, but love is not a mathematical equation and you cannot use a list to define your heart. just doesnt owrk.

There's no tension in the relationship between you and her maybe? How about you see each other once a week for a week to test it out. Well don't tell her that your doing that lol. But if you start to get that feeling after you see her ONCE that week, overtime doing this occasionally should develop the butterflies in the stomach feeling.

Perhaps the problem is that you are comparing her to your ex. Were you really attached to your ex? Is it that you are not completely over her? I think you are, in your heart, still thinking of the one that got away and so not fully embracing the one that is there now. Maybe if you forget about the ex and focus entirely on the girl you are with now, you'll start to feel what has so far been missing.