I really miss my ex right now. We stopped being friends after trying for a while, and I accepted the fact that our friendship couldn't work, at least not right now.

Over the last couple of days I haven't been thinking about losing the friendship or how much I wanna be friends, which I was thinking about before. Before I was just super sad that our friendship wasn't gonna work out...

the last few days I've really missed HIM as a person, and I don't know what to do. Things keep popping into my mind...

Can someone reply... any thoughts?? thanks.

I know its hard. I know this doesn't sound hopeful, but the only thing that you can do is give it time. Let yourself think about him, if you try to push down those thoughts they will only re-occur. Eventually you'll think about him less and less. It's so hard when you want to be with someone and you can't, especially if they were also a really good friend to you.

Because things have start to pop up in your mind, that maybe this friendship may be a better one. Then it is advisable to follow your heart and have a chat with him.

And if you feel uncomfortable or intuitively something is wrong inside of you, then you drop him off.

Other than this, absense only makes a heart fonder.

Letting go is the hardest part.

For now, you need to focus only on you. You are still in the healing phase and of course you will miss him from link removed to link removed, its perfectly normal. I tried to be link removed with my ex right after he broke it off with me and for the longest link removed I would end up hurt even by the smallest things he would do. It was only because I wanted him to feel more....it was because I was not over it yet. I am not exactly sure what your situation is but I think that you need to feel these things, feel the pain of missing him, feel sad, feel it all!

Everything you feel and rise above will make you so much stronger in the end. Once you can get through those lonely nights without calling him and regretting it the next day, you will feel so much more satisfied with yourself. Once you can find strength in yourself then you can truly be his friend. If you are still needing him, you will only end up hurt.

My advice is to be strong and fight the temptation of calling him. You need link removed alone to heal. Calling him would be like opening up a healing wound. Let it heal and link removed me, you will be able to have him in your life. It will be so much better when you can be link removed and not want more.

Give it link removed and be patient.

I really miss my ex right now. We stopped being friends after trying for a while, and I accepted the fact that our friendship couldn't work, at least not right now.

Over the last couple of days I haven't been thinking about losing the friendship or how much I wanna be friends, which I was thinking about before. Before I was just super sad that our friendship wasn't gonna work out...

the last few days I've really missed HIM as a person, and I don't know what to do. Things keep popping into my mind...

Can someone reply... any thoughts?? thanks.

I have been right there with you clodhopper. Ever since My EX and I have been talking again, she is all Ive been able to think about. I miss her dearly, and i realize that now. Then when she says last month that she is afraid of getting hurt again, and that she just wants to be friends, that was tough. I tried, I really have. So what I did not do was get mad to her. I never let her know it was bothering me. Lets face it, you dont want someone back when they are whining, and angry, use ultimatums, etc.....

I just remained cool, been trying to show her who she is missing in her life, not trying to force her being in my life, if that makes sense... I have never come out and said i want you back (even though i do)

So, now for the last several weeks, I would not see her though. We have been friends from a distance, I really couldnt handle it at the time. And we would only talk maybe once or twice a week and that was it. So, what I had to decide (and so do you) was is it better to have her out of my life, or be friends from a distance, and then maybe have a chance to get back together?!?!? To do this you HAVE TO KEEP YOUR EMOTIONS IN CHECK!! Its the only way it will work for you right now.... Cause you will have some up days and down days....

Keep posting in here to, I know it has helped me dearly, we will be there for you!!!

I still, sadly, think about my ex from time to time. I think about the good times we had, the bad times and all that stuff. I miss the company, I really do. He was always there when I needed him (literally) and he started to feel like he was part of me...like he was the missing chapter in my book of life...but then he left me and everything just felt...empty. There used to be a time when I'd think about the times we had together and cry about it...but I can't shed a tear for him now. I can feel the tears build up in my eyes, but I can't shed up. I don't miss him as a person, I don't miss him at all. I miss the company. I miss having someone by my side. I miss waking up in the morning and knowing he was there....it feels weird waking up and being by myself....even though I hate him for what he did to me, and I'll never forgive him if he ever came back into my life.

You've got to learn to let go. If you two were meant to be together, the break up would have never happened and you've got to accept that it's over.

I probably would have never gotten over my ex if he didn't run up a phone bill that was £721 and was also under my name. That hit me hard...he tried to hit me where it hurt but I bounced back. I'm happier than I ever was with him and I admit that. A friend of mine reckons I still love him, but I can honestly say I don't. I just miss the company of a significant other

You'll get over it in time...when you meet someone new and they can fulfil your dreams and make you happy.