Why don't guys contact after a hookup

Lotusavx

since my break up a couple months ago I have been hooking up with a couple guys, I know it's a bad idea, but it just feels right to do right now. So the second guy I hooked up with was 2 years younger than me and he was apparently a virgin. I had no idea of this until the next day. I ended up getting his number and texted him because we didn't get a proper good bye (we met while camping) so I texted him saying it was nice hanging out and meeting him (because we did more than hook up we hung out the whole weekend and had a nice connection). I don't expect anything from this since he lives a few cities away, but I really expected him to text me more. Especially since he has never had a girlfriend and is generally "in expericnced" with the whole game...I was expecting him to text him and maybe want to hangout again.. I guess I had a feeling he would be more attached to me since I was supposedly his first. He hasn't texted me since I talked to him and we only exchanged a few texts. How should I handle this, just let it go? Do all guys do this even if they haven't been in the hook up scene...

If you want a sustained situation start dating and stop the impulsive hook-ups. This self-defeating impulsive behavior is easier than dating but it's not what you're looking for if you want follow up texts and so on.

the second guy I hooked up I really expected him to text me more.

Sometimes some hookups and ONS decide to stop all communication after they banged it. Women also tap it and quit it by the way. Yeah move on from these f-- buddies and maybe find someone doing traditional dating it seems that you deserve better than multiple NSA sex and partners. It's hardly fulfilling anyway.

....because that's kind of the point of the hook up - you hook up and then you part ways.....

Anyway, if this guy wanted his first time to be special with a special someone, then he would have gotten a gf. As it is, it seems he was only interested in getting some experience. That's assuming that it's even true that he was a virgin and not him and others having some fun at your expense.

You sound like maybe you are ready for a relationship or at least normal dating, so maybe skip the hook ups and get back to dating.

Not all guys do this (the ones that text or call afterwards might really like you) However, if you want hookups, don't expect guys to stick around long. We lose interest once the challenge is gone (unless we are totally into you). Guys like a challenge, to an extent, and if you change your mind and want a relationship, then keep yourself away from the sex and allow time to get to know each other.

since my break up a couple months ago I have been hooking up with a couple guys, I know it's a bad idea, but it just feels right to do right now. So the second guy I hooked up with was 2 years younger than me and he was apparently a virgin. I had no idea of this until the next day. I ended up getting his number and texted him because we didn't get a proper good bye (we met while camping) so I texted him saying it was nice hanging out and meeting him (because we did more than hook up we hung out the whole weekend and had a nice connection). I don't expect anything from this since he lives a few cities away, but I really expected him to text me more. Especially since he has never had a girlfriend and is generally "in expericnced" with the whole game...I was expecting him to text him and maybe want to hangout again.. I guess I had a feeling he would be more attached to me since I was supposedly his first. He hasn't texted me since I talked to him and we only exchanged a few texts. How should I handle this, just let it go? Do all guys do this even if they haven't been in the hook up scene...

A hook up is just that, you can't expect something more out of it! If you do, you could try dating first for a while before hoping into bed with the person. Men and Women both take hookups the same if they both have a clear understanding of the term hookup and One Night Stands. The only difference between men and woman in this regards is; men could have sex without any emotional attachment and could still enjoy it, woman has an emotional attachment to sex. (if the woman has a clear understanding of hookups, then no difference) This is why you are expecting more after a hookup.

Why don't guys contact after a hookup

Why don't girls contact after a hookup?

The reasons are many. They didn't feel like it, they didn't like it the first time (even if they said they did), they had recently broken up but got back together, they met someone else, they want to meet someone else, they went traveling, they operate on a principle of one bang per person only, they got busy with work, they etc etc etc ...

I don't expect anything from this since he lives a few cities away, but I really expected him to text me more. Especially since he has never had a girlfriend and is generally "in expericnced" with the whole game...I was expecting him to text him and maybe want to hangout again.. I guess I had a feeling he would be more attached to me since I was supposedly his first. He hasn't texted me since I talked to him and we only exchanged a few texts.

You have confusing expectations.

How should I handle this, just let it go?

If you want to meet him again, ask him. If he wants to also he should say so. If he doesn't reply, assume he doesn't want to, and let it go.

The point of a hookup is mutual gratification without expectations of a repeat performance.

Do all guys do this even if they haven't been in the hook up scene...

No, but whether or not you think they do doesn't matter. What matters is what the guy you're talking about thinks.

Archived