Priorities

ilovemy3ts

Hello everyone, I have been in a stressful situation with my boyfriend for the longest. We have been financially struggling for a while now. Tonight he had to go to work and he has no car so I have to drop him off and pick him back up. We were extremely low on gas and I wasn't sure if we were going to make back home. He is determined to try. So we get off the freeway at out exit and he asked to stop at the store to buy cigars. Cigars cause a big money problem that he doesn't want to admit. I ask him you have money and he says with an attitude yea I can have money. I say why didn't you asked to put it the tank so we won't be so worried and can guarantee have made it home instead of praying the whole way home that we make it. This happens all the time when it comes to his cigars. My question is was I wrong to get upset at him?

You know perfectly well that his priorities are totally off. A better question is so what are you going to do about it? I mean just being rightfully upset doesn't really change anything for you about your situation. I mean it's not just gas it's that he doesn't even care that you would wreck your car by running it out of gas and it would cause additional expenses and repair bills. Can you afford that? Doesn't sound like it. So maybe start taking care of yourself and your stuff first.

The bottom line is that he is addicted and his addiction is greater than the financial pain you two are in. Either dump him or do something about protecting yourself and your stuff. Like maybe he needs to give you gas money before you give him any rides to anywhere at all. If he doesn't like it, he can make his own way then. Stop supporting him when he doesn't support you.

why are you guys so tight on money..do you both work?

running on E is bad for your car..if you dont have money to get gas you def dont have money for car repairs..

cigars is an issue, but there is a lot of issues if you are praying to make it to work and back often.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived