Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

How to tell work I have to leave early

Lotusavx

ive worked at this place for 2 years. I need to leave early on Saturday because I have a concert to go to and need to get ready and off to where the concert is (1 hour away). It will be a Saturday and it's usually super busy so I feel bad for having to leave. But I need to go, how should I tell my supervisor I need to leave at like 3? And do you agree that going in and working for a bit is better than not coming at all? Should I tell them early like the day before?

Note - we are seriously under staffed during a busy time due to two people on vacation at once! So I feel guilty for leaving early!

If you have any leave left then I would take it and have the whole day off. If not then tell them you need to leave early and maybe suggest making the hours up another time. Telling them the day before is hardly early! Really, you should have sorted this out well in advance (if possible). This would have given you a better chance at getting the time off instead of dropping it on them last minute.

It was a spontaneous thing I have to go for someone who can't or my friend will loose out on the money for the ticket...normally I could book time off. I'm thinking I'll just work through my break and lunch so I don't leave them with tons of work. (It's a hotel housekeeping job)

It was a spontaneous thing I have to go for someone who can't or my friend will loose out on the money for the ticket...normally I could book time off. I'm thinking I'll just work through my break and lunch so I don't leave them with tons of work. (It's a hotel housekeeping job)

Ah, OK. Well that could work. How much earlier would you be leaving?

Archived