Packing up apartment after break up

my boyfriend of 4 years left me because he couldn't handle all the fights. We lived together for 2 and a half years. So today I am packing up all my stuff getting ready to move (he has already moved) and it's making me reallllly sad. It happened 2 weeks ago and I have started to come to terms with things, but packing everything up is so hard...seeing how empty it is after we had so many good times in here. It's like a big shock to me all over again. Ive been good the past few days, but it really messes with my head..I will think "what would we be doing today if none of this happened" or I will get confused and upset knowing that I can't call him whenever I want to anymore. It's so sad Anyone have any coping tips or experience with moving out after a break up? I'm dealing with a lot as I'm moving far away from him and loosing the area I have lived in almost my whole life.

I know lot of people think this during a break up, but I feel like I will never find someone I can be comfortably with sexually, and who will like my flaws and be ok with them.

SO sorry you are going through this right now! I know it's hard... I had to move out actually during one of my relationships (we broke up later), but it was still EXTREMELY hard to do. Packing up everything as I am crying my eyes out was miserable. But I had my friends and family help me so it kept my emotions in check at least for a little. But it's an adjustment. Moving by itself is an adjustment let alone because of a break up. There are going to be hard days, but I promise you will be okay. Everything will be okay.

After my recent breakup I immediately moved 700 miles away to be closer to family, so I know how you are feeling as far as not only missing your ex, but missing the lifestyle you had and the things you did together in that area. Moving out is going to suck, there is no way to avoid the hurt. Where I was living I had no friends/family/support system and I was so fortunate to have a friend, who I hadn't physically seen in 5 years and who has 3 children (one of them still breastfeeding) drop everything and get on a plane and fly hundreds of miles to help me pack and drive home. I couldn't have done it without her. She brought DVDs to have on in the background, we sipped on some wine. She had to physically push me to keep going because I was breaking down from sadness so often. Having here there was tremendous, but it didn't take away the sadness. The whole situation sucked from beginning to end and I have never cried so much in my life.

The thing is, my friend let me cry - not once did she tell me hold in. BUT though the tears, she made me work. We had a limited amount of time to get out of there so she had to push. In the end, it was really good that she did. On my own I would have dragged it out and it would have been far, far worse. Just do it as quickly as you can because, even though some part of you will be sad for a while once you're gone, you WILL feel better when it's over. Do you have anyone who can come by and help? I think you mentioned in an earlier post that you are moving in with your mom for a while. Can you make plans with her for later when you're finished, so that you have something to look forward to this evening?

You will absolutely get through this. Be patient with yourself. You don't realize it now but you are getting stronger every day.

Yes, same here! Actually today is my first day to enter our house again, I'm not looking forward to it.

As you said before, we're (sounds like almost exactly) the same situation here. If you ever want to talk with me, I'm here for you.

Archived