Platonic friends openly complimenting while girl in relationship

I have a friend, who I have been friends with for close to 10years, who is 20years older than me.

My boyfriend feels that it is inappropriate for me to allow him to post comments such as gorgeous on my pictures on Facebook. He feels that it is a relationship boundary being crossed.

As this friend is platonic and neither of us see the other a a potential romantic partner or otherwise anything more than friends. I do not see how these compliments are crossing a boundary.

Am I being blind to my boyfriends feelings or is he over reacting?

Since you are sharing fb with your bf he will see all your content. He may perceive it as flirtatious regardless of how innocent it is. The answer is both; he is overreacting and you are blind to his feelings

I have a friend, who I have been friends with for close to 10years, who is 20years older than me. My boyfriend feels that it is inappropriate for me to allow him to post comments such as gorgeous on my pictures on Facebook. He feels that it is a relationship boundary being crossed.

As this friend is platonic and neither of us see the other a a potential romantic partner or otherwise anything more than friends. I do not see how these compliments are crossing a boundary.

Am I being blind to my boyfriends feelings or is he over reacting?

Given the fact that most men will do damn near anything to get in your pants... him seeing another guy comment on your looks probably seems like a step in that direction. Not from you, but your friend at the least.

It basically says (to me anyways) I dont care if you have a boyfriend Ill still say you are hot... flirt... etc.

It doesnt seem like it would be a big ask to have your friend keep those comments to himself. He can simply "like" a photo instead of saying you are gorgeous hot etc. Then you can tell your BF that hey, I made an effort and asked him not to say that stuff for you because you were not comfortable with it. Now meet me half way and dont be a jealous stalker boyfriend (be more diplomatic than that).

Archived