Transitioning from e-mail to the real world

monkeyFlower

I've been corresponding with a new man on an on-line dating site for several days (about one message a day). He just sent a fourth message, which is very long. There's nothing it is that seems to be leading in the direction of us actually meeting in the real world. He probably lives only about 30 minutes away, so there's no obvious barrier to us meeting. In the fifth message, is it time to nudge the discussion towards a real world meeting? I'm mid-40s, he's early 50s.

I personally really hate E-mail and hate wasting my time on dating sites, so I just meet people ASAP. I think this would definitely be the point at which I would ask to meet. Because if the person doesn't set up a meeting time in a reasonable amount of time, I would say they're not even interested in meeting. Or are trying to meet other people first and then get back to you later.

It sounds like he is copy and pasting messages. Yes by now a meet should be arranged or he's just wasting time.

I've been corresponding with a new man on an on-line dating site for several days (about one message a day). He just sent a fourth message, which is very long. There's nothing it is that seems to be leading in the direction of us actually meeting in the real world. He probably lives only about 30 minutes away, so there's no obvious barrier to us meeting. In the fifth message, is it time to nudge the discussion towards a real world meeting? I'm mid-40s, he's early 50s.

Archived