How to handle this

The salon charged me less than what I was supposed to be charged. Yesterday, I went and had a facial done at a salon that I haven't been to in years. The esthetician discussed some options that I could add to the service and I agreed to it. She mentioned how much it would be, etc. It was about $30 over the normal price. The facial was great and my face feels great. I also bought one of the items she suggested for my face. When I went to check out, I paid, added a 20% tip and made my next appointment.

Later in the evening, when I checked my receipts, I realized the salon had charged me for the service, but not for the add-ons, which would have been $30 over the price charged. I feel bad about this and not sure how I should handle it. My next facial is in about a month. I'm worried that the salon is going to think I cheated them. They do have my credit card on file (they ask that from everyone in case of no shows). What do you guys think I should do?

This is pretty cute. I'll tell you with complete certainty that there isn't a single retailer in the world who's going to be upset about you coming in the give them more money-- even if it's money they should have charged you before. Plus you left a 20% tip, so I doubt they think you're trying to be stingy.

Archived