Do all men want a woman to get down on them?

maryam

Couldn't resist this:

Women and girls standardly wore penis amulets as lucky charms, erections were carved over the doors of houses to bring good fortune and sculpted priapic Hermes stood at rural crossroads to protect travellers.

"Among the Malays who live in the Cape in South Africa, it is a sign of female beauty to have the four upper and lower front teeth missing. This is because it facilitates fellatio, the chief form of contraception in the community. As a cultural mark of the centrality of sex in life, Malay orthodontics lie on a continuum with the joyful statues of India's Konarak and Khajuraho temples, and from them to the immense wealth of erotic and passionate art in most non-Abrahamic cultures beyond.

If the censors' passing of Intimacy means the strangulated and distorted sexual attitudes of the west are thawing back to the human mainstream at last, it is a welcome sign."

Heh heh Lucia.

In an ideal world everything would be perfect. But it isn't.

Believe it or not the madonna/ complex (syndrome) is alive and kicking.

It isn't about threatening if you don't do XYZ I'll "cheat".

Maybe not so much in the younger generation (or maybe yes) I don't know because I am not a mind-reader, but certainly it was the thing that a husband would never ask his pure and unsullied wife to do "something like that". He'd only go for those "dirty" practices to a sex worker, as and when.

It is how it was, and maybe still is in some quarters.

Not everything is black and white, that's for sure.

I know, it isn't a perfect world by far. But what I was trying to say is that any self-respecting woman should walk out of any scenario where a man is not too kindly asking her to perform oral sex on him 'or else...'.

And, unfortunately, the guy I was talking about that didn't like oral sex wasn't that old. He was about my age (I'm 30 now) and I think he got the idea because there would be a lot of 'chicks' that would just perform oral on a bunch of men and get a drink for it. It was/is(?) concerned to be an epidemic among young teenage kids who would do that just to get some kind of twisted respect and free drinks. I realized from that point that this guy, while respecting me, wasn't respecting women in general and left.

The conclusion for that matter is: oral sex should be about mutual respect and nothing else. Don't do it because you're afraid he will leave you and don't do it because it is a 'must'. It simply never is a must, just as much as sex isn't a must-do-every-night. It just baffles me that anyone would think it ever should be like this in a relationship. I've sex because I enjoy it, not just to please my fiancé, it's an and-and situation not an if-if.

Cheating in my book, has nothing to do with the man or woman not getting what they need, it is more a complete lack of respect for their partner. A relationship should consist of communication and if either partner were not happy in the bedroom department, they should sit down and talk it through with their partner. It's not necessarily that every man or woman will like oral, but you don't make anyone feel like they have to do something they aren't comfortable with.

I've seen so many marriages break up because of men cheating on their wives because they won't give them oral sex.

Do all men want this? Is this a reason for a man to cheat? Obviously it is.

What is so special about it?

(I have never done oral and I don't expect my guy to do it to me)

I'm not really a big fan of it, personally. I don't mind, but it doesn't do it for me. I'd rather give then receive.

Archived