Keeping memories of your past

Tranquillo

Would you still keep it if someone else came along your life who made you forget everything about the other person? Does it still matter to keep things like that? I've kept things too but I've never looked back on it.. which makes me realise its pointless keeping it. The only reason I can see in keeping it is.. when im an old granny with poor memory.. then i can look back on things which i may have forgotten about.

There is someone else right now and yes i still keep it. I never look at it, is all in a box but i still want to keep it.

Maybe because I'm approaching granny age and definitely have bad memory at the moment lol

Its also not because i still love my ex or whatever, i don't even like him anymore but still, he was my first and the memories are precious

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is someone else right now and yes i still keep it. I never look at it, is all in a box but i still want to keep it.

Maybe because I'm approaching granny age and definitely have bad memory at the moment lol

Its also not because i still love my ex or whatever, i don't even like him anymore but still, he was my first and the memories are precious

Well at least you have good sense to keep it away in a box. It would be disrespectful if things like that are kept in reach of your partner.

I have a box filled with postcards from many people who have since left my life but i still keep all those cards, even those from a friend who it ended very badly with

Okay.

Well whats done is done.. thankfully that person is still alive.. so whenever she goes away on next holiday I'll tell her to send us a poostcard even though i dislike her. This way i can replace what i destroyed.

Well at least you have good sense to keep it away in a box. It would be disrespectful if things like that are kept in reach of your partner.
no it wouldn't, not to me....we both have a past and both know about those pasts, it's in a box not displayed all over my house...nothing to hide away and no disrespect in any way! If current partner knows he or she is the only one and is not so insecure to be jealous of partners past then there is no issue!

Thing is you're jealous of his past and that's insecurity!

Me too, I mainly keep Christmas cards, nowadays with e-mails and online messages, I love to receive hand written cards!

Her writing was barely readable. .scribbles mostly. And i agree its nice to recieve hand written letters in this day and age.. makes it more personal and lets you know the other persob took time out to write.

What you destroyed can’t be replaced, but you don’t seem/want to understand that.

No I understand that i can't replace what I trashed. .I don't have to balance karma but will still go out of my way to do it out of the goodness of my heart.. not many will be able to understand that and that is ok.

Archived