Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

sports lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Small part of me thinks the eagles win will win the division

I wouldn't doubt it. And as a fan I'd almost hate to see them make the playoffs at the cost of a draft pick (I'm looking at you, Connor Cook) Dallas can't find the end zone with Cassel, even though they're playing good D. Sean Lee is my favorite defensive Cowboy since I don't even know when. He's a monster out there.

I wouldn't doubt it. And as a fan I'd almost hate to see them make the playoffs at the cost of a draft pick (I'm looking at you, Connor Cook) Dallas can't find the end zone with Cassel, even though they're playing good D. Sean Lee is my favorite defensive Cowboy since I don't even know when. He's a monster out there.

Cassel should not be on the Cowboys roster next season

Anyone here saw UFC last night? Spoilers ahead, be aware.

Weidman vs. Rockhold. Holy crap. I feel like Weidman won the first round but but not the others. No idea what happened there. Im really torn on the reps choice to not step in earlier. Weidman was just getting mashed in the face and head for like 30 sec straight and was kind of depending himself, sort of, maybe, eh not really in my eyes. Anyway, I was cheering for Weidman so I'm a little sad but it was a good fight.

And McGregor/Aldo? Holy **** on toast. Good thing I was watching and not up and about or not paying attention. 13 seconds TKO. It was McGregor second punch, Aldo was out cold, and then McGregor got two more hammer fists to the head in there before the rep stepped in.

13 seconds.

Also, people are all up and arms from what I can read online about UFC somehow being "fixed". Thoughts? Like, I'm sorry you paid $50 for a ppv and then the main fight lasted 13 seconds. That sucks bro. But that doesn't mean that it's fixed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was turned off by what Herb Dean did. I was reading online about it and I hated how people were saying like "well it's a championship fight". Yeah, but that's no excuse to let someone get beat in the head for 20+ seconds. C'mon now.

What fans are you talking about? I wasn't aware McGregor brought in new fans who are disrupting the fan base.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was turned off by what Herb Dean did. I was reading online about it and I hated how people were saying like "well it's a championship fight". Yeah, but that's no excuse to let someone get beat in the head for 20+ seconds. C'mon now.

What fans are you talking about? I wasn't aware McGregor brought in new fans who are disrupting the fan base.

I happen to lurk on mma boards. And also see mma stuff on my facebook timeline. They have some very disrespectful people. It's like Ireland just got the internet. LOL

Connor should defend his title. He has no business fighting for the LW title yet.

I happen to lurk on mma boards. And also see mma stuff on my facebook timeline. They have some very disrespectful people. It's like Ireland just got the internet. LOL

Connor should defend his title. He has no business fighting for the LW title yet.

Doesn't he want to get both titles? That's what I've read. Have you heard that too? How is that going to happen, he's going to have to slim down for one fight then bulk up for the next. Damn.

Doesn't he want to get both titles? That's what I've read. Have you heard that too? How is that going to happen, he's going to have to slim down for one fight then bulk up for the next. Damn.

No. he'll pretty much stay the same size.

Dos Anjos would most likely beaten him down. He's waaaay to big.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see UFC 195?

Please explain to me how Lawler won and retained his champion title (welterweight, I think?). Please. I don't understand. I saw the whole fight, 5 matches, against Condit and I don't get how Condit didn't win. I think Lawler definitely won 5 and maybe another but that was IT. He was tripping all over the place. Condit had WAY, WAY, WAY more critical strikes and attempted strikes. Lawler kept backing up the whole time and jumping around, he wasn't DOING much of anything, it seemed. He went at Condit like an animal during the 5th round. Condit was a brave soul who stuck that out. What a fight! Amazing to watch but I completely disagree with the judges' decision.

I feel like at the very least, it should be a draw.

I'm glad to read that someone else thanks Condit should have won. But since Lawler was the defending champion, maybe they were more likely to err on his side? I dunno.

Damn good fight though.

I've only seen it once tho. It was all about the 3rd round. I've heard others say Condit didn't land much to Lawler's head. And Of course, Robbie was landing bombs to Condit's dome.

• 2 weeks later...
Those Ohio St fans sure are buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutthurt. LOL

Roll Tide.

I'm not. Ohio State didn't win a game they were supposed to. A lot of Buckeye fans are senseless fanboys.

(And they beat Alabama the last time they played. Just saying.)

They finished fourth and that's about right. This year's Buckeyes wouldn't have beaten either team on the field last night. I'm fine Alabama won, that got me hundreds more dollars in the bowl confidence pool I was in haha.

Archived