Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

sports lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not. Ohio State didn't win a game they were supposed to. A lot of Buckeye fans are senseless fanboys.

(And they beat Alabama the last time they played. Just saying.)

They finished fourth and that's about right. This year's Buckeyes wouldn't have beaten either team on the field last night. I'm fine Alabama won, that got me hundreds more dollars in the bowl confidence pool I was in haha.

Good. But these people are stupid. They do not understand how much worse it is to lose late than to lose early. Most of them are very close to claiming it's not fair.

Good. But these people are stupid. They do not understand how much worse it is to lose late than to lose early. Most of them are very close to claiming it's not fair.

Yeah that's nonsense. They were flirting with disaster almost the whole year. As great as the coaching was in 2014-15 when they won the NC, it wasn't good this year plain and simple. The QB thing was stupid. I had been saying for all of 2015 that Barrett was clearly the better college QB. Caradle is too slow, but in the postseason last year no one could all-out blitz Ohio State because Devin Smith was such a deep threat. With him gone, all you have to do is blitz Jones and the offense would bog down. It was a joke that it took until mid-season to decide on Barrett.

They thought they could play keep-away with Michigan State and got burned. Weird as it sounds, I was actually kind of glad they lost this year because it forced a change in how they approach and call games. This allowed for them to notch convincing wins against Michigan and Notre Dame (without two starting D-lineman in the latter.)

CM punk signed 8 fight deal.

As noted, the UFC revealed their intentions for Punk’s UFC debut, announcing that at UFC 196 in February, Mickey Gall will be fighting Michael Jackson in a preliminary bout and with a win, will officially get penciled in as Punk’s first-ever UFC opponent. As Punk explains he doesn’t mind the fact that Gall called him out after his MMA debut, which was shown on Dana White’s “Lookin’ For A Fight” reality show, because where he comes from, that is standard procedure

CM punk's first fight will be in June UFC 199.

I think Condit and Lawler should have a rematch. The first match was a great fight and damnit, I think Condit won. I demand a rematch!

Sage Northcutt lost tonight and I am sad. Arm triangle too, in half guard position! I was really surprised. I knew Northcutt wasn't into a good position but he tapped out super early.

I think Condit and Lawler should have a rematch. The first match was a great fight and damnit, I think Condit won. I demand a rematch!

Not if a certain fighter that use to hold that belt has anything to say about it.

Sage Northcutt lost tonight and I am sad. Arm triangle too, in half guard position! I was really surprised. I knew Northcutt wasn't into a good position but he tapped out super early.

He panicked. He had nothing from his back. Also didn't look like he could handle being hit hard.

I don't see his future being all that bright.

Why do you think that? Just curious.

He doesn't look like he likes being hit. And he has no BJJ off of his back.

He more or less quit in the fight.

Now, he is only 19. But this was the first time he fought anyone decent. And the first time he's fought anyone that he wasn't bigger than. And he failed.

Johnny,

I read that Northcutt was diagnosed with strep just a couple days before the last fight. Doctors gave him antibiotics for it but for some reason, still cleared him to fight.

He (Northcutt) explained why he tapped out early in a triangle choke in half guard. Cause he couldn't breathe (through his nose).

If that's the case, I think there should be a rematch. He wasn't at his best. Strep is beyond horrible and it hits you really fast.

Archived