Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

sports lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

He's making excuses. That makes him look really bad.

There is no need for a rematch. He was clearly outmatch on the ground.

He also might need to consider going back down to 155. Where he is much bigger than the guys he was facing. Also, more skilled. Since they stood no chance before the fight started.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's saying that because it's better for the UFC (and his bottom line) if Sage kept his winning streak. That's all. Nothing to do with health.

Same deal with Aldo. Him missing a fight is bad for his bottom line.

In the end, it all boils down to money.

Of course he is about the money. But to say this stuff publically is horrible. Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta should've removed Dana from his position as president of the UFC. He is horrible for business.

Him saying these things about Sage shows how little respect he has for any of the fighters.

I agree. I think if a fighter has a cracked rib or something like strep that is dx and they are given treatment just mere days before a fight, they are not good to fight. They could also spread illness to other fighters and it's not fair to anyone else.

As someone who goes out to Buffalo Wild Wings or stays home and streams the game, I want to see 2 guys at their 200% duking it out. That's what I'm paying for. Not one at 200% and the other at 60%. If someone is sick or injured, then find someone else or a new pair of fighters or reschedule.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Magical night in sports.

Kobe scores 60 points and leads Lakers to win on his final game. The most amazing game I have ever seen.

L.A rams trade with titans and receive first pick in the NFL draft.

Golden State Warriors make history and win 73 games in one season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw UFC 202 last night. My God, that has to be one of the shortest overall UFC events I've ever seen. While the title fight (McGregor vs Diaz) went to decision, all the others ended in the first round or second. ALL were KOs. People at my table ordered wings and barely managed to finish in time before the event was over.

*Spoiler alert*

McGregor won by decision against Diaz and I have mixed feelings on this. Guy has no ground game and would knock Diaz to the floor and Diaz would remain on the ground and motion for him to come closer. Diaz has great ground game and would summit him. McGregor clearly did Not want to fight on the ground so he didn't pursue. He also turned and walked a way a bit, probably to preserve energy but it looked like he was running away. I don't know, mixed feelings.

Archived