truly, truly, truly, oh.

Don't talk to me now
about people who are "nice"
'cause I have spent my WHOLE LIFE
in RUINS...
because of people who were "nice"

This world may lack style, I know,
but each bud must blossom and grow.

Young girl one day we really will be old.
But the thing is: I love you NOW.

This is the last song I will ever sing.
No I've changed my mind again!
GOODNIGHT
AND THANK YOU.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that album from when I was 16. I was so excited that there was a follow up for Sadeness Part I, which came out when I was about 13. That song and its video were like nothing else that was playing at the time. I remember being so inspired by it... I loved the imagery, the pan flute, the chanting, and the fact that I no freaking clue what the hell it was supposed to mean. I didn't know what anything meant back then, so it didn't matter. Interesting to look back on things I once loved, with today's perspective. 

Anyway, I don't know if I ended up getting my hands on MCMXC a.D. Things were harder to get back then. But I did get the next album. It was ok. Sadeness Part I is still my favorite.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:28 PM, Jibralta said:

I remember that album from when I was 16. I was so excited that there was a follow up for Sadeness Part I, which came out when I was about 13. That song and its video were like nothing else that was playing at the time. I remember being so inspired by it... I loved the imagery, the pan flute, the chanting, and the fact that I no freaking clue what the hell it was supposed to mean. I didn't know what anything meant back then, so it didn't matter. Interesting to look back on things I once loved, with today's perspective. 

Anyway, I don't know if I ended up getting my hands on MCMXC a.D. Things were harder to get back then. But I did get the next album. It was ok. Sadeness Part I is still my favorite.

Didn't the same group do 'Return to Innocence'?

Yes, that's them. 

Enigma is a German musical project founded in 1990 by Romanian-German musician and producer Michael Cretu.

Gregorian chant included in some of their pieces, and there is that insistent beat pervading the music.

Quite hypnotic in many ways.