Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you listening to? Part 13

pinballwizard

The bell in Touch of Evil reminded me of two other "bell" songs: For Whom the Bell Tolls, by Metallica, and Hell's Bells, by AC/DC. Whenever I hear a tolling bell on the radio, it seems like they always play Hell's Bells, and not For Whom the Bell Tolls. It's always a bit of a letdown. Personally, I think For Whom the Bell Tolls is waaaay better than Hell's Bells. I'm not a huge fan of AC/DC, actually.

[video=youtube;eeqGuaAl6Ic] ]

This song was floating around when I was about 15. I really liked it. I found it encouraging, even though the lyrics didn't actually describe my particular circumstances. I had it on a mix tape after Fade to Black. Even now, when I hear Fade to Black, I kind of expect to hear this song next. Funny how memory is.

[video=youtube;4VqvEGsIvAc] ]

My boyfriend thinks they are too elementary, but I really like The White Stripes. Same with The Black Keys.

I saw the White Stripes live in 2005, and it was a top five concert easily for me. They sound very simple recorded, but they were nasty-good live. Big Muff Pi distortion pedal-pumping...Jack White was something then. I saw his solo band a few years back and they were just...ok.