Recap and wrap up, imperfections, dating multiple, etc...

localvet

So a wrap up! This relationship had serious potential for me to dive in fast and really destroy my self after a very very long time. Posting here about all the steps really helped keep me grounded, even the insults thrown at me. Last night as we ended it and decided to stop moving forward your replies kept flashing through my head, telling me that my head is just clouded and outside of it things wont work. Thank you all for your help, don't neglect these forums, we all do actually help others.

So a wrap up! This relationship had serious potential for me to dive in fast and really destroy my self after a very very long time. Posting here about all the steps really helped keep me grounded, even the insults thrown at me. Last night as we ended it and decided to stop moving forward your replies kept flashing through my head, telling me that my head is just clouded and outside of it things wont work. Thank you all for your help, don't neglect these forums, we all do actually help others.

I'm glad we could be of service. I believe in 'community' even if in this case it is digital. Community help each other. I hope if I should ever need guidance I can come here as well. Good luck to you localvet!

There is always going to be some effort to make it work. On a certain level, you get out what you put in. But how much effort is that going to take, and how early on do you have to push, and how many things are you going to have to agree to disagree with? You want to build on a strong foundation, where you are on the same page, going in the same direction.

This didn't resemble that even a bit. The pace of the relationship for you, beliefs, and how many walls she kept putting up everywhere you turned... It's easy as a guy to think "Oh, well here's a problem, so how can I fix it?" We love solving the puzzle.

There is no end to problems in life, don't make your partner the thing you need to fix.

And yeah this is a great forum! You get to see the whole spectrum of advice, and find which actually fits what you are going through from your own perspective to make a decision.

Archived