This seems weird I need insight

Jusstme1977

My bf and I broke up about a month and a half ago. He did the breaking after getting upset with me over a silly thing. We both have not done a very good job leaving one another alone at all. We keep saying we should but we than did not do it. We have met up a couple of times but it has always ended up in tears (both of us). We have now made the decision to go ahead and take our anniversary trip for closure and yo say goodbye. I dont get the idea this will really end up being a goodbye. Thoughts?

Meeting up to get closurer just doesn't work. As soon as you have met you will need more closure for the last meeting you had.

Once you have met you will not feel any different than you do now about finding closure.

When you see each other you will get an initial high but once you have left him you will go back to feeling low again.

It's best to cut all ties, no contact. All this trying to get closure doesn't work. You will find your own closure in time if you go no contact

So instead of doing that why don't the two of you just, you know, work things out and stay together? I mean, you can't stay away from each other. You're both wanting to take a trip together. That doesn't sound like breakupsville to me.

Time to sit him down, gather up your courage, and tell him the same thing. Maybe you're both highly incompatible or maybe you're obsessed or maybe it's something else, but why keep getting together to say you're breaking up? That's what doesn't make sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Been feeling kinda bummed. I've been trying to contact him as little as possible. He says he just needs time and space. I feel so rejected and abandoned. He still wants to go in the trip. I know everyone says this but the breakup feels like such a mistake. We were a months or so away from moving in together. Hard to understand what happened.

Archived